Stomach virus making the rounds again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
The stomach virus that made its rounds late last year is aparently going around again in the southeast and as before is hitting children the hardest as we have found out the hard way. Make sure that your kids wash their hands after playing with other kids or on playground equipment, take sanitizing wipes with you when shopping to wipe down the shopping cart, use the wipes on door handles in public places especialy bathroom door handles to.

The characteristics of this bug are as follows:

Day one moderate diahrea but no fever,

Day two, sudden fever spike up to 103 most likely to happen during the middle of the night and one or more bouts of vomiting, sleep will follow and the rest of the day child will be fine.

Day three, no fever but child will have one or more vomiting spells, child will most likely be active regardless but vomiting spells may come back.

Last November my daughter had this and it followed this to a T but was worse and she was vomiting alot more, she was hospitalized for two days due to dehydration and now she has the same bug again but to a much lesser degrea but there is still a possibility that she will have to be hospitalized again.

This bug wiped out 1/3 of my daughters class a few months back in NJ. 40% absenteeism in February one week.....

The only saving grace is that stomach bugs usually, um, pass, within 48-72 hours.

Ok just got back home from staying at the hospital since 7:30 lastnight. This strain is similiar to the one from late last year, the hospital we went to lastnight was full in the ER with children and some adults that have this bug so as before its not specific to children and I cant stress enough how important it is to make sure that whomever gets this bug does everything to stay hydrated. My daughters blood acid level was at 13, blood acid level is an indicator of body hydration and normal is 20 while 15 is the teetering point.

This particular bug will last 7 to 10 days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts