Stoopid q..fta with dtv recvr?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

diether

Original poster
May 14, 2006
I have an old dtv receiver, dont use it anymore, could be possible to get som fta out of it?

Sorry if the stupidity of the question deserves an "ignore".

Great great forum guys.

Sorry no its useless for FTA TV, they do not even use MPEG2 :(

About all they are good for is pointing a dish at 101 /110 / 119w

PSB said:
Sorry no its useless for FTA TV, they do not even use MPEG2 :(

About all they are good for is pointing a dish at 101 /110 / 119w
And since they can't move a motor, I still end up having to rip my 2700 out of its nice nesting place in my home entertainment center whenever I need to do fine-tuning up on the roof :( Have a bunch of old DTV and Dish receivers around ($5.00 at your local thrift store), I wish they could move the motor. Someday I'm going to get a cheap FTA receiver with USALS (is there such a thing) just to use as a signal meter up on the roof :)

Tron said:
Someday I'm going to get a cheap FTA receiver with USALS (is there such a thing) just to use as a signal meter up on the roof :)

Best one for that would have to be the Traxis DBS3500 it has USALS, and displays the signal quality on the LCD panel on the front, no need for TV on the roof!

And its cheap, its a poor (me) mans Birdog!

Pete, thanks for the heads up! I didn't realize that there was an LCD panel for quality on any FTA receiver out there. The Traxis receivers are known for good video quality as well. Guess that will be my next toy :D

Not to mention the stability of the signal quality meter, its ROCK solid you really can peak a dish very accurately with it. It also has the signal quality tone, so you could turn a TV up really loud and use that to point the dish BANG on!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)