This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Stop Living Well and Laff, and Escape!

I've had this conversation with several others including some local TV station GMs. TV is a passive thing. People have it on in the background while they are doing something else. In the case of the radar channels, people tune that in without even thinking for 10 minutes a day while they are getting ready to go out.
Computers, laptops, smart phones, etc are active things. It is different.
Is the info easily available? Yes. Is it as easy to access while you are getting dressed and ready to go out? No. Not for me, anyway.

Reactions: . Raine
Very true. I knew people (with cable) who tune their TV to The Weather Channel and leave it on as background filler.

Reactions: . Raine
Luckily we only lost LWN in the Indianapolis market where we are LAFFing our heads off on WRTV 6.3. Locally, WISH 8.2 // WIIH-CD 17.1 still carries our last remaining weather subchannel, the Local Weather Station, and 8.3 (only) carries a loop of Doppler Radar. For those who can get it, fellow Media General station WLFI Lafayette, IN also carries its radar with NWS audio on 18.2.

A spokeswoman from KLFY said that some of the stations that lost livewell that media owns was going to cozi sometime between mid september to the 1st of november, however she said one station from another market already has cozi so either Media General was going to add something or the diginet was coming from another channel in the same market.......

Could be talking about Nashville. We already have Cozi. Me TV is on a low power station in Nashville, along with with Decades & Movies!, but hardly anyone can pick it up. Me TV was announced as the replacement for Live Well back in January. By the way, we were suppose to have Antenna TV last month.....still waiting.

Correct WKRN is the only Media Station where they wont have to replace something new with. Me moves to WKRN, Movies launches in its old place on 31 the lp station. Laff launches on your cbs 5 replacing this and this replaces daystar on WTRN 6. Now as for Antenna dont know which channel that will launch on unless media picks it up and ands it to the dt2 or dt4 of WKRN. Just checked the antenna tv site and says its launching on 6.1 WRTN soon. Where this tv goes idk...maybe replaces soul of the south on 6.6.

Yes, This TV will be on one of the WRTN 6 channels. Right now we know Daystar on 6.1 will have Antenna TV. 6.2 has REV'N as a filler after Cozi moved to 4.3, so something will go there. He said he plans to ad The Works also somewhere. The remainder of the channels in the block right now are 6.3 is Retro TV, 6.4 is Classic TV, 6.5 is Tuff TV, 6.5 is old movies, & 6.7 is infomercials, which is hardly ever on air. 6.4 & 6.6 are channels he programs. Soul of the South is on one of the 31 channels on WJDE. Would really like to get Buzzr here, but no luck so far.

Sounds great, looks like everything will all workout later on....

Reactions: retrotv
We've now got on WRTV: 6.1 ABC 720p 16:9 native, 6.2 HTSN 480i 16:9 native (HomeTown Sports & News; locally produced "Headline News"/viral video/local sports station), 6.3 LAFF 480i 16:9 stretch-o-vision, 6.4 Escape 480i 16:9 stretch-o-vision.

Honestly I'm disappointed at the artifacting I can see on 6.1, on my 32" Samsung 1080p TV. I'm watching the direct over the air signal from WRTV, so it's not passing through any other systems that could degrade it. It's okay when there's slow or no motion, but fast motion doesn't do well.

And still no Buzzr affiliate

For whatever reason, Nashville is no longer listed on Antenna TV's affiliate map. It did say TBD for the start date. However, WRTN is still running ads saying "Don't give up, it's coming soon". After waiting for Me TV all year, I'll believe it when I see it.

Took a while but....

Scripps' KMTV (Omaha) has added Laff on channel 3.3, which is a new channel for the station. Laff carries comedy movies and sitcoms from the 1990's. KMTV is a primary CBS affiliate and also carries Antenna TV on 3.2.

KLFY still has the attention viewers stay tuned for replacement programming on its 10.2 while we are still waiting Media General has added subchannel programming to 6 other stations like KXAN (COZI) with 3 others and ION to KWCP and WKRG. WE still waiting for our livewell replacement. I been hearing cozi but I do not trust anyone associated with the upper management of Media General and Nexstar. Well we still wait to see to believe...