Stores that sell dishes & what I'll need for pole mount?

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Okay, so we're in town and I'm thinking about this - aside from dish retailers are there any places that you can buy a dish at (without needing to sign a contract for service since I already have it)? I'm guessing rat shack might but I'm sure that 1. It costs an arm and a leg, and 2. It'll be tricky to get them to sell it without any service related.

A 500 is fine, shoot even a 300.

Last thing I need to know is what else I need to pole mount (basically, just the adaptor, or anything else?)

Danke. :up

You can get a 1 5/8" pole from lowes or home depot. Probably run you about $8.

I bend my poles, I go up about 18" and thats where the bend is. When I picked one up for my mom I just bent it using shelving system at lowes. When your done it looks kind of like a J.

The above answered your pole question. About the dishes.

Maybe not all, but there are retailers who will sell you dishes, switches, remotes, etc...

You may want to check Radio Shack. Some carry a very few Dish items, and can order other items and have it shipped to your house or a store for pickup. The LNBF they usually have in stock is for DirecTV, not Dish Network.

But if you can not get what you need from a local retailer, then your best bet is probably looking at the sponsors above. Although their prices vary a little, you need to determine what would be the best price after you take shipping into consideration for where you live at.

So scroll back to the top and click on Sadoun Satellite Sales, The DISHSTORE.net, or the others.

And then there is also ebay.

EDIT: And would Las Vegas be where you are planning the install? Maybe someone on the forum has more info for that area. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=83101

Last edited:
Get the 8ft pole ($5-$8) from Lowes, while you're there pickup a pole driver for another $10 & a small bag of quik-crete (concrete); now head over to Sears for a pipe cutter $5.

1) Dig yourself a small hole (about 1 ft down). (5 min)
2) Flatten the end of the pole & place inside the hole you dug. (5 min)
3) Use the pole driver to pound the pole about 3 ft into the ground (5 min)
*** be mindful of any underground cabling, pipes, etc ***
4) Ensure the pole is plumb (level 360°) (2 min)
5) now pour you dry concrete around the pole you just set & add water. (10 min)
6) Wait about 20-30 min, come back & cut off about 2 inches from the top of the pole (that was flattened by the pole driver).
7) Mount your dish, & aim. (don't forget to bury your cables)

I'd order a Dish from Dishstore.net if it was me. Also Circuit City and places like that used to carry a Direct TV dish that was similar to the Dish 300. Not the one with the 3 lnb's on it from D* the one with the single dual lnb and it will work as a Dish 300 it just has a Direct TV logo on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts