Storing timers from 2 HWS to combine to one Hopper 3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
OK, thinking ahead to grabbing a Hopper 3 :) ....I currently have 2 HWS. Never tried backing up timers to the remote, but now that I know its doable, could I backup timers from both Hoppers on their respective remotes, then update the new Hopper with the timer backups from both old Hoppers? I'm guessing no, that it won't append the backup and would simply override to the most recent, but curious what the result would be before I go messing things up. Thx in advance for any insight!

OK, thinking ahead to grabbing a Hopper 3 :) ....I currently have 2 HWS. Never tried backing up timers to the remote, but now that I know its doable, could I backup timers from both Hoppers on their respective remotes, then update the new Hopper with the timer backups from both old Hoppers?!

You're probably on track with that thought. Customers most likely only have one Hopper and/or would only use the backup feature when replacing like equipment, one-for-one.

Better start writing down what timers you have on the Hopper with the fewest timers set and save the backup for the messier one. :D

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
You're probably on track with that thought. Customers most likely only have one Hopper and/or would only use the backup feature when replacing like equipment, one-for-one.

Better start writing down what timers you have on the Hopper with the fewest timers set and save the backup for the messier one. :D
Thx for the response Jim :) Done the whole manual timer backup thing before...all is fine so long as I don't mess up the wife's timer list!

Reactions: Tron2012
Thx for the response Jim :) Done the whole manual timer backup thing before...all is fine so long as I don't mess up the wife's timer list!

Same boat my friend. Luckily my wife is pretty cool about having to recreate most of her timers. In the past few years we've had to replace/change equipment a number of times so we know the drill. Wish Dish would have also thought to add an append option.

You can copy the timers from one Hopper but the second and further hoppers, you must manually re-enter timers into the H3.

Take a picture with your cell phone of the timer screen, scroll take another, etc.

Reactions: Stargazer
OK, thinking ahead to grabbing a Hopper 3 :) ....I currently have 2 HWS. Never tried backing up timers to the remote, but now that I know its doable, could I backup timers from both Hoppers on their respective remotes, then update the new Hopper with the timer backups from both old Hoppers? I'm guessing no, that it won't append the backup and would simply override to the most recent, but curious what the result would be before I go messing things up. Thx in advance for any insight!
I always thought the cloud would be a perfect backup spot for timers. For example, DishAnywhere could have a "save timers" option. Of course it would need to be fixed so the Timers menus show all timers, not just those with pending recordings!!!

H3 could provide a timer merge function as an option rather than just a restore. But I'll bet the upgrades will all be over before that gets added (if ever).

Reactions: Stargazer
I always thought the cloud would be a perfect backup spot for timers. For example, DishAnywhere could have a "save timers" option. Of course it would need to be fixed so the Timers menus show all timers, not just those with pending recordings!!!

H3 could provide a timer merge function as an option rather than just a restore. But I'll bet the upgrades will all be over before that gets added (if ever).
Never a bad idea moving forward though.

Let me run this by everybody...I have a HWS and one joey I stopped using the joey and linked the remote from the joey to my HWS so I would have a remote by my computer which is on the other side of the room.In theory wouldn't linking that second remote install that remotes timers to?Unpair the the original remote first.

Let me run this by everybody...I have a HWS and one joey I stopped using the joey and linked the remote from the joey to my HWS so I would have a remote by my computer which is on the other side of the room.In theory wouldn't linking that second remote install that remotes timers to?Unpair the the original remote first.

No, it doesn't work that way.

Linking a remote will restore that remotes saved timers, and delete the previously restored timers if from two different hoppers. If you go through the store and restore timers settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)