Storms and Reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
In the past two weeks, Hartford, CT has received some decent rain fall, but during that time I lost my reception on all the channels for a minimum of 20 minutes three times including right now; has anyone else in this region experienced the same problem?

In the past two weeks, Hartford, CT has received some decent rain fall, but during that time I lost my reception on all the channels for a minimum of 20 minutes three times including right now; has anyone else in this region experienced the same problem?

This is to be expected during the worst parts of the storms. I am in NY and lost the signal for a few minutes several times recently. This is to be expected from heavy rain on toop of you and if the worst parts of the storms are slightly to your southwest you can loose 110 and 119 or 61.5 if the worst part is to your south.

It's safer to turn off the TV during thunderstorms anyway.

Right there with you, cjwct. I'm in Manchester, and I've lost signal more this summer than I have the prior 4 years of service combined... the weather pattern this year just seems to be more prone to strong passing storms. Lost it last Thursday, Friday, and today. Of course Friday I lost power too, so losing signal was a bit of a moot point. :)

I'm just chalking it up to flukey weather this year.

I have been losing reception on 110 and 119 as of late. I can understand it during a heavy downpour, but there is no excuse for it during a light rain or heavy clouds.

Dish must using too much bandwidth to provide these other channels, instead of making sure we all get the ones we are suppose to be receiving. They are on thin ice with me anyways, if quality and programing doesn't improve in the next 30 days, I will be watching nfl on the season ticket on Direct.

Thanks guys . . . I wanted to make sure there was not a problem with my system and obviously, there isn't. I feel you on Dish being on thin ice. I am considering adding a second receiver but have my reservations because of the 2 year commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)