Edision Strange Issue With Edision Mio STB

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi all,

Yesterday I was rescanning some satellites and after rescanning 87w, my screen went dark and a message appeared on my TV saying there was no input coming from my stb.
The stb hadn’t frozen up and numbers appearing on the edision screen paged up and down freely.
I tried a cold reboot twice with no results. I finally had to reinstall TNAP 3.2 and reprogram ALL my satellites and settings again.
What could have caused this video “blackout ?”
Thanks in advance.

John

Could be caused by either the TV or STB. Possibly the STB video output was set to auto and the last scanned list began with a service causing the video to output 50hz or a higher resolution, which your TV doesn't support? Could be a handshake error with the TV? Did you try power or input swapping the TV? Sometimes handshake errors can be fixed by placing the TV on a different input then switching back. My Samsung 4k often does this with the HTPC input and requires power cycling the TV to display the computer input again.

If I recall correctly, didn't you initially have problems with your TV not displaying video from the OS Mio using another image? If so, this may be related to the same TV compatibility issue.

To prevent having to reprogram STB settings, always make a back-up. Restoring to a back-up only takes a few seconds. I do this often when testing new images.

Reactions: JFOK
Hi Brian,

I play the audio through my receiver and now that you mentioned it, I do remember seeing a message on the receiver stating a resolution error.
As soon as I reinstalled the TNAP image all was fine, except I had to start from scratch.
So to prevent having to reload the image, how would I go about restoring to back up ? I've forgotten that procedure.
Thanks and stay safe.

John

Another strange issue is that a reboot wouldn't get my Ku dish to move but a power reset did.

I use the automatic backup restore plugin which then shows up in the system menu tree. It just takes a little reading of the menus.
Everything is on my external hdd and a snapshot restore is quick.
Also I have a few ebay hdmi cables that just don't play nice with my receivers but work okay with roku and fire devices.
Just because, I never do a reboot but instead go for a shutdown then restart. I say just because for the reason Linux is pretty good at hardware management but sometimes the system reset pulse on various peripherals doesn't "take". I figure if it's possible that I'll have to do a cold boot anyway, just go ahead and take a few more seconds for a power cycle, or deep standby then punch the power button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)