Strange Pulsating on ABC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
Has anyone noticed a strange pulsating when watchin and/or recording ABC? It has been doing it since I got my new 625. It only seems to be ABC and only shows...not commercials.

The pulsating cycles about every 10 seconds and is mainly noticable in the background of a show. It almost looks like another channel is trying to bleed through, but you can't make anything out...it is almost like digital distortion...very pixelated.

I don't know if this is something with my locals or what? But it is very annoying! Anyone have any suggestions on how to eliminate this? I have already checked my wires and rerouted away from any power and magnetic sources to no avail...Dish signal is strong.

ABC seems to be having more than their share of technical problems, at least around here (Iowa). They range from audio/video sync to the uneven audio level you mention. I suspect that the ongoing conversion to digital may be at fault. Some stations are on reduced power to allow installation of a digital antenna, while others may simply not care now that the FCC has been emasculated by the deregulators.

I currently don't have Dish Network(I am getting it very soon), but I do have local HD channels through my current service(USDTV), and I have noticed the sound level difference on ABC, but not the pulsing you mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)