Strange remote function

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

per4manz

Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
Texas
Just upgraded from a 722/211 package to the Hopper the other day. Overall am pleased, but am having a problem with the dish 40.0 remote with one of my TVs. Even though the codes work for my old Philips CRT (on a Joey), if I hit the TV power button to turn the TV on, the TV will turn on then immediately off. My old 6.x series remote doesn't do this. Funny thing is, once I turn the TV on manually or with the 6.x, the 40.0 will turn it off fine. Additionally, the same thing is happening with the mute button: hit mute and it mutes the TV, but hit again and it will un-mute and immediately mute again. Rolled through all the built in codes, but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to reprogram your remote. See page 16 of the attached file.

Attachments

• 188891_RevAA_40RemoteUserGuide.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 613
you might try page 18 and LEARN the power button from the TV remote. (you will program the large power button on the 40.0 remote not the one labeled tv)

Thanks again, guys. I found the UEI database and went through all the codes. With few exceptions, all the codes worked but in the same manner. However, I think the remote might be bad. If I block the IR port right after I press TV power or mute, it will work fine. Seems like the remote is firing off twice in rapid succession, causing it to either power off or to mute again.

Reprogrammed the Hopper remote as suggested. Turns out the remote is fine - reprogrammed Hopper remote functioned the same as the Joey remote.

Went the Learning route next. Was able to train the Mute button from my old 6.x, but instead of muting when attempting to un-mute, it now does the opposite - it immediately mutes then un-mutes when attempting to mute. Tries to get the TV Power button programmed from the old 6.x, but it never would take.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to suspect that my TV is one of the oddballs that won't work properly with the 40.0. Not too surprised as it is a CRT that is about 11 or 12 years old, but still has a great pic (plus we didn't have HD in the bedroom until now, so no reason to replace).

You probably need to have an ON only code and an OFF only code, utilizing two different buttons. Now what you really need is a new TV. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)