Strange Weather in California?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceas2182

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Disneyland, Cali
In Orange County, Cali we are having the strangest weather around.

Around 6am today, it was around 90 degress plus the humidity kickin in, which feels like 95-100 degrees.

When it was 7am, it was still humid and hot, but the dark clouds started to come in, then big thunder and lightning came.

Then a few minutes later, it was raining hard, very humid, windy, including the thunder and lightning. It felt like a hurricane passing through.

This werid weather happened for 4 hours straight.

It felt like I was in Las Vegas or Florida or in Hong Kong and the Philippines.

This hardly happens in Orange County, Cali.
What a day!

Last edited:
Last Saturday, in my house in West Hills it was around 124f while I was there during the day. When I went back to my 2nd home in Ventura County it was a much cooler 82 degrees. :eek:

I sure know its not welcome, but its not too weird, but it happens time to time, everything returns in cycles especially during the moist/monsoonal type summers. Look at the current weather charts online today, a nice thermal low sitting right on top of the Palm Springs area and a HUGE mound of opposite high pressure over the 4 corners area. I can say that 124° reading is either a typo, or a broken or mis-placed (in direct sun) thermometer for sure. The official NOAA temp stats for West Hills yesterday was just under 101° and the high for the month is 114° (22nd); sounds like everyday here in PHX although we rarely have med to high humidity and it is unusally cooler here this week; we are on the other side of the thermal low killing you. At least you can get to the ocean in a hour or so right? LOL! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Send that rain here!!

We're going through a major drought here. We haven't had much rain in over 4 months now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts