Stranger Things 2, 3 & 4

Well, after seeing this thread, I sat down and watched Season 1 and the next day started Season 2 ...
I am up to date now .... problem is, we may have to wait till 2019 for Season 3 ...
I noticed they are only 9 and 10 episode seasons, thats kinda strange.
Based on what I saw during filming, season 3 won't be out until around early July (they had flags and independence day sales fliers on the store fronts).

The Mall they are using is the Gwinnett Place Mall in Duluth (north side of Atlanta). It was pretty big in the 80's and 90's, but lost almost all it's business when the Mall of Georgia opened up along I-85 in nearby Buford.

They actually found a body in the old Subway at the Gwinnett Place Mall last year. Went unnoticed for a couple weeks.

Based on what I saw during filming, season 3 won't be out until around early July (they had flags and independence day sales fliers on the store fronts).
Sorry, I might have gotten my shows mixed up, did I say end of December ?
If so, thats for the Orville, not Stranger Things (obviously) ...
I just finished watching both recently.

Just because it takes place during the Fourth of July, doesn't mean it will come out then.

Everything seems to indicate an early 2019 release.

Reactions: KAB
Just because it takes place during the Fourth of July, doesn't mean it will come out then.
No it doesn't. But the last couple seasons took place around the time of the year they were set. Plus the season 3 trailer talks about how the Mall will be "coming this summer", giving a hint that the season will start in the summer.

Everything seems to indicate an early 2019 release.
So far I've seen nothing indicating when it will release, beyond when the season appears to be set. They've been very tight lipped as to when in 2019 it will be released.

Netflix has announced the official premiere date for Season 3.

Stranger Things reveals first season 3 teaser, and it’s full of clues

Timed to the first seconds of New Year’s Day, Netflix has released an early look at Stranger Things season three in the form of a clue-filled teaser, and announced a release date for the eight-episode installment. Stranger Things 3 will arrive on July 4, 2019.

ST3_KA_Digital_Debut_PRE_US.jpg

MAybe they should make these MOVIES instead, where a year and a half between is more common.
They probably think the lag time helps keep up the hype, as opposed to letting people get used to it and tune out due to familiarity and boredom.

Personally, I like the lag time, as whenever they film in town, it screws up my morning drive.

If anyone liked Zombieland, they're currently filming Zombieland 2: Double Tap (the search for more twinkies) on the same street they used for Stranger Things. They really made a mess of the square, and put a bunch of fake snow on the courthouse square.

Here's a link to some pictures the local paper has up. You'll see how it's the same street and buildings from the show.
PHOTOS | Set crews ready Butts County Courthouse square for film shoot

I'll probably swing by later today to see how it's going, as I need to hit the grocery store. Plus I drive through the square to and from work everyday, it's around 2-3 miles from my house.

Reactions: wormil
If anyone liked Zombieland, they're currently filming Zombieland 2: Double Tap (the search for more twinkies) on the same street they used for Stranger Things. They really made a mess of the square, and put a bunch of fake snow on the courthouse square.

Here's a link to some pictures the local paper has up. You'll see how it's the same street and buildings from the show.
PHOTOS | Set crews ready Butts County Courthouse square for film shoot

I'll probably swing by later today to see how it's going, as I need to hit the grocery store. Plus I drive through the square to and from work everyday, it's around 2-3 miles from my house.
Thank you, our Man on the Scene!!

Any signs of ST S 4? Those kids ain't getting any younger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts