strapping a c band lnb to ku band lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellitedxer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
The woodlands,Texas
I have a 1.2 meter Fortec with an invacom quad lnb. I am getting some crazy good signals across the arc, I am getting high 80's to high 90's on all the sats from 72-123 with the exception of the 85 sat which I can only lock in 54 pct on the
Rtn networks.

I have an old toshiba analog receiver and was going to use it on some of the 24 hour channels such as 99 tp 17 and 18

I have a few questions however on this setup

If I hook the c band lnb up to a disecq port on the disecq will it pass through the loop out from the fta box to the analog receiver? It is coming through as say port 3 on the fta receiver, so how can I make the signal go over to the analog box?

Also for ku, I see there are occasionally some ku analog feeds still up there, is that true for those of you who still frequently use an analog receiver? I figured I could switch over to the analog box everytime I am scanning a sat on my fta receiver

I have a dish net high freq 2 way splitter with the feed going out to the two boxes, am getting perfect signal on the fta box, just not sure about the analog since I have not found anything yet.

I am wondering about the way the lnb will be positioned if I tie wrap it or clamp it next to the invacom, maybe when the dish tilts the lnb will be too far off to catch any signal from the c band side.

Oh well, I love experimenting, Would use the bsc-621, but problem is when I used one before I got good c band but hardly any ku believe it or not!

so far I have hit the 99 satellite and got the Leesa network and the 7 network channels on the 3845 tp on the digital side, I barely tuned in tp's 16 and 18 on the analog side, but not bad so far considering it is only a 1.2 meter dish and not even centered as the lnb is strapped to the side of my main ku lnb.

It hasnt effected my ku lnb or the motor in anyway either with the added weight.

My quality was reading 60 on the two tp's, that is decent for a kbox reading as it is 4-6 or so points lower than other receivers I have used.

I now know without a doubt c band is accessible with a 1.2 meter dish, even not centered perfectly.

The lnb being used (BSC621) is designed for a prime focus dish (lnb in the middle of dish w/support arms). It sounds like you have an offset dish (lnb in bottom 1/3 of dish). The presents a problem of getting the correct focal point, hence more gain to get a C band signal. Then you will need a conical scaler ring attached to your lnb to capture more C-band signal (several excellent threads here about using a 1.2M dish for C-band reception). However it will be very difficult to get C & Ku on a 1.2M dish with the current lnb, because of the different focal point of each band. If you focus the Ku side you will get excellent results, but C band would suffer and similiar would happen if you focus C band, Ku would suffer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)