Streaming Netflix question

Vinnykidd

Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Not sure if this is the right place to post but... I can stream Netflix on my PS3 fast and in HD perfectly fine with no buffering problems. In my bedroom I have a Sony KDL-55EX720 with the Sony wireless USB adaptor. Besides Netflix taking much longer to start, we do experience semi frequent buffer issues but the most annoying part is that the movies are not ever in HD. First question is, can the tv handel HD Netflix streaming? I have roadrunner and that room is closer to my router then the room with the ps3. Second, if the tv does not stream hd what are other options. As much as I'd like a second ps3 it prob won't happen. Is apple tv any good with Netflix? I'd consider a blu ray player but being in a bedroom my directv receiver is hidden using RF control so it would be difficult to place a blu ray player where I have this tv mounted. Thanks

The problem is probably the wireless connection. You can try and re-orient the USB adapter to get a stronger signal. Are you using a N or G router? If you are using a G router, upgrading the router to N may get you better results. I have found that using a wired connection is best for Netflix. Wireless was always flaky as to picture quality.

I agree, it does sound like a wireless network issue.

I have all wireless N networking in my home, no wired connections except for the one from cable modem to router and it works just fine with Netflix.

AppleTV is excellent with Netflix and has probably the best user interface of any device I've seen for using Netflix. And being tiny and dead silent is a big plus too.

My wireless is N. I'm leaning towards the usb adaptor for the tv is just not able to handle it, I don't see why it would be the tv not able to stream HD. I'll probably string a long cord from my router to the t.v. and see if it improves much. If so, I might decided to fish a line one day. If not, I'll probaby pick up an Apple TV soon.

That sounds like a good test. It very well could be that the TV is not robust enough in its network capabilities to do well with Netflix. Or that USB to wireless adapter may not be all its cracked up to be...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts