Streaming

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Wasn't sure where to post this but here it goes. I have a Roku that I use most of my streaming for. With data caps now on Comcast ,I'm.afraid to stream too much because my cap is 300gb. I can use another service with no cap and would be happier but I would have to change my package. Any ideas? How much data is actually used for Netflix as a casual user of tv shows and a movie or two a day, plus Pandora and YouTube ands Smithsonian channel, all in HD? Should I be concerned? Thanks. Andy

From Netflix site
Watching movies or TV shows on Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video.

You can always pay the extra $30 a month for unlimited data from Comcast.

From Netflix site
Watching movies or TV shows on Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video.

You can always pay the extra $30 a month for unlimited data from Comcast.
That was pretty close to what I was thinking. I'll stick with Windstream internet. Slower speed, but unlimited data. No cap. It handles all my devices just fine. Thanks:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)