Strong Signal, No Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I have a Satworks 3618. I can make a manual entry, get a high signal quality, but it tells me "no channel." For example, I am trying to pick up the WB on G11, Tp1, Freq 3720, SR 26700. Manual search shows a lock with a 65% signal, when I hit OK, it goes into search program showing the 65% signal quality, then flashes "no channel" then goes back to continue search. My question is, if there is that strong of signal, why don't I get the channel?

~J~

THat is a C-Band channel.

Unless you have a monster dish in the back yard, it wont work.

If you do have a BUD, then I dunno... Hey Berg....

Jim has had a BUD for 20 years! And he is getting a big fat 65% quality : ) maybe the channel was just not broadcasting at the time.

Some of the network feeds only show during their time.

But the WB on G11 is, I think, for the cable only areas that have WB, so it shouold be on 24/7

I also have the problem on AMC 8. According to the satellite footprint I should been able to get it here in West-Central Indiana. I have always been interested Alaska and the north country (I spent a year in Thule, Greenland). When I scan AMC 8 I get 4 to 8 strong signals, but it always comes back "no channel." There is no analog on 8, so I figure I am on it since I get signals. I try bumping the dish, sometimes the signals get stronger, then boom, no channel.

~J~

Jim Adams said:
I have a Satworks 3618. I can make a manual entry, get a high signal quality, but it tells me "no channel." For example, I am trying to pick up the WB on G11, Tp1, Freq 3720, SR 26700. Manual search shows a lock with a 65% signal, when I hit OK, it goes into search program showing the 65% signal quality, then flashes "no channel" then goes back to continue search. My question is, if there is that strong of signal, why don't I get the channel?

~J~

You might need to manually enter the Audio and Video PIDs.
Get them at Lyngsat -- Galaxy 11

mkm4 said:
You might need to manually enter the Audio and Video PIDs.
Get them at Lyngsat -- Galaxy 11

I have a Satworks 3618, how do I enter the PIDs manually? All it ask for is Frequency, SR, Polarisation, and DiSEqC when you are searching, blind or manual. I know that I can change the PIDs after I have the channel locked in, but that doesn't help.

~J~

I did a blind scan AMC 8 and got 2 signals. Freqs 4127 & 4160. They showed 90% signal strength, then the ever popular "no channel." I have entered 4060,
8100 manually a million times and never get any kind of signal. I assume that if I pull up the menu and enter the information then bump the dish E to W or vice versa if there is a signal for that frequency it will lock on, right? Sometimes I wonder if I am on the bird. I do know if I bump just a tad to the east AMC 7 comes up. How wide of band do MPEG signals? Could I be picking something up off of 7 thinking I am on 8?

~J~

There is 2 degrees between the 2 so it sounds like you're not 100% on the satellite.

The 1500 5 clicks gets me between satellites. (hitting E or W once meaning a click)

Pete,

I could buy WB not being on the air, it was around 10pm cst. But if they were
broadcasting and were off the air I would think I would get an ID bar with a black screen, as I do with NBC and Pax or at least the West feed should show up, being 2 hours behind. Something here is not right. Check a few pages back and read what I wrote about AMC 8, see if that sheds any light on it.

~Jim~

Okay, this is what I've been up too this afternoon. I went to AMC 7 position with the AMC 8 icon, (I use a Motorola 922 to run this operation) brought up tp 18 (now NASA) on 7, bumped my way west from 7 to the end of the arc. The only two signals I picked were the 4127 and 4160, they were the usual "no channel." I then decided to go to G10 and measure the 2 degree difference to G5, on my counter, it was 34 clicks. I am assuming that 34 clicks would be 2 degrees no matter where in the arc the dish is positioned. I went to AMC 7 then moved west 34 clicks. I am in the process of a blind scan, with no results. Does polarity have anything to do with this? I have been changing it, but I don't know if it's doing anything or not. Can anybody confirm that I can get AMC 8 here in West-Central Indiana? I used to be able to get F5, AMC 8s predecessor for Alaska programing when it was in service.
Man, I love the challenge!!!!

~J~

Jim Adams said:
Okay, this is what I've been up too this afternoon. I went to AMC 7 position with the AMC 8 icon, (I use a Motorola 922 to run this operation) brought up tp 18 (now NASA) on 7, bumped my way west from 7 to the end of the arc. The only two signals I picked were the 4127 and 4160, they were the usual "no channel."
~J~

You are on AMC 8. The signals you are picking up though are like the WB signal on Galaxy 11. The PIDs must me manually entered.

I understand about entering the PIDs manually, but how do I do it on the 3618? I can change them after I have the signal locked and saved, but I can't figure out how to enter them when I am scanning.

~J~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts