Strong transponder on AMC 18 at 105W?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jduffin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah
I am having a hard time locating 105W with my 6 foot c-band dish. I have most of the arc dialed in, but am having issues finding this one for some reason. Can someone recommend a strong transponder that I can use to find it?

I am not set up for DCII yet, so I am using my Azboz Ultra for a receiver.

Thanks.

I'm not sure those listed DVB-S transponders are actually there. I was surprised to see them listed as I was pretty sure there were not any DVB-S signals on 105 C-band. I've just scanned 105 for any DVB-S with nothing showing up. If I plug my 410 in, I have signal so I know I'm in the right place.
Is anyone else seeing these?

jduffin, I hope you don't have the same problem I do. I use a 6' dish for it as well and always found that when I had it dialed in nice for the arc, the W5 (105W) signals would always be lower. If I peaked on W5, then signals on parts of the arc would be lower. It almost seemed as if I had to compromise on signal at 105W to keep my arc. Not a huge deal though, as 105 is pretty hot. I've spent hours upon hours playing with declination etc and fully understand how to set my dish, yet can't get past this problem.
If you can't find it with your Azbox, just find 107W and move it back east a couple clicks until you see 107W signal drop. As soon as it drops, you can be pretty confident your looking at 105.

any of the transponders that have the symbol rate 19510 are the DCII muxes (the 4DTV stuff)

There is no DVB-S on 105W C-Band. What I've done in the past is use 107.3 and get a strong transponder dialed in. Then move the dish east until the signal is gone. You should be very close to 105W then

Uh, sorry, I am mistaken. You are right. I was going by my, apparently failing,:facepalm memory. Should have realized it when I typed 19510. Now where is that TP with all the audio's that scan in as video?:confused:??

I'm not sure those listed DVB-S transponders are actually there. I was surprised to see them listed as I was pretty sure there were not any DVB-S signals on 105 C-band. I've just scanned 105 for any DVB-S with nothing showing up. If I plug my 410 in, I have signal so I know I'm in the right place.
Is anyone else seeing these?

I don't see any DVB-S stuff for this sat but I am getting DVB-S2 stuff.

johnnynobody -- what transponder is the s2 stuff on? Is it the NBC mux at 3780? This is the transponder that I have been trying to get without any luck.

Are you using a 12' dish??

jduffin = Azboz Ultra = S2 capable.
Anywho- here's all that I have logged on 105w Cband, if it helps.
Horizontal- 3780, 3940 & 4021 all are SR 30000
Vertical - 3920* SR 30000, 4000^ SR 29998, 4060^ & 4160^(strongest)SR 29999
*some are ITC[$] ^shown as DCII on lyngsat, but the openbox registers strong Q
and will scan in a few [$} channels. Might just be an Openbox quirk??? NBC S2 is 3780 H 30000 ; THD 3940 H 30000, The rest are ???

johnnynobody -- what transponder is the s2 stuff on? Is it the NBC mux at 3780? This is the transponder that I have been trying to get without any luck.

Are you using a 12' dish??

NBC on 3780 V 29270 and Telemundo on 3940 H 30000

Yes, I'm using a 12 foot dish (KTI CKD-12). It's my understanding that it's very difficult to pull in DVB-S2 signals with a dish smaller than a 10 footer.

I wasn't getting anything on AMC18... But I knew I had before because the channels for both the NBC and Telemundo mux were listed in my Azbox. I found out that I needed to change the FEC from what's listed on lynsat ( 5/6 ) to 3/4.
I'm not entirely sure why this happened. Anyway, I get the S2 content just fine on my 7.5' fiberglass. The Abox locks them in with a Q of 60% and 67% respectively.

NBC on 3780 V 29270 and Telemundo on 3940 H 30000

Yes, I'm using a 12 foot dish (KTI CKD-12). It's my understanding that it's very difficult to pull in DVB-S2 signals with a dish smaller than a 10 footer.

4020 H 3000, 4000 V 30000, 4080 V 30000, and 4160 V 30000 are Comcast HITS HD muxes using DVB-S2 and DCII encryption.

I wasn't getting anything on AMC18... But I knew I had before because the channels for both the NBC and Telemundo mux were listed in my Azbox. I found out that I needed to change the FEC from what's listed on lynsat ( 5/6 ) to 3/4.
I'm not entirely sure why this happened. Anyway, I get the S2 content just fine on my 7.5' fiberglass. The Abox locks them in with a Q of 60% and 67% respectively.

Same thing here. I believe they recently changed FEC rates.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)