Study: Sprint LTE Coverage Maps Total Fantasy Company Significantly Over-Stating LTE Coverage

Sprint got to get smarter by not drinking so much apple juice. :)

Sprint's value is up by about 125% since introducing the iPhone. It sure was a stupid move on their part to offer a product that their customer's wanted.

I would agree! I gave my EVO 4G (WiMax) to my daughter because the WiMax coverage maps were so dismal and unreliable in the DC area in buildings and while in transit. However, it was nice when I could stand outside or sit in the office near a window facing the NW side of the building (like today). Anyway, I got the EVO 4G LTE version back in July and I have yet to connect with an LFE when I was working in Baltimore in August. Likewise, nothing here in the hear of DC. I'll be working up in Baltimore next week so I am eager to see if there has been any improvement. Finally, whenever I head back to my home in Dallas I get nothing...nodda...squat...even though Sprint says I should have stree level LTE coverage. I typically have to drive 4-5 miles in toward the city to connect to an LTE tower. Shim-shammy...

You get what you pay for. Sprint is #3 carrier and if you are on Sprint, you have selected it probably based on the cheapest price. Of course that isn't an excuse for false advertising. But to be honest even the big boys, I'll speak for Verison, has coverage while excellent, sometimes is not consistently LTE quality. I often get only 3G in areas that are supposed to be LTE. Then a few hours later LTE returns. LTE is not 100% even for the service that is supposed to be #1.

The iphone offering waste of money theory is not valid math. Adding that to the lineup is a plus sum investment for Sprint since it adds a subscriber. The problem with Sprint is they were losing customers because they didn't offer the iphone. Having it in the offering at least keeps them in the game. If you hate Apple juice, that's OK for you as an individual, but leaving emotion aside and making a business decision, adding iphone and ipads was necessary to remain in business. Their real mistake was to spend on losing companies and technology like Nextel and WiMAX.

Note- I am a Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and Apple stock holder since before the iphone. My largest position is Apple.

I would agree! I gave my EVO 4G (WiMax) to my daughter because the WiMax coverage maps were so dismal and unreliable in the DC area in buildings and while in transit. However, it was nice when I could stand outside or sit in the office near a window facing the NW side of the building (like today). Anyway, I got the EVO 4G LTE version back in July and I have yet to connect with an LFE when I was working in Baltimore in August. Likewise, nothing here in the hear of DC. I'll be working up in Baltimore next week so I am eager to see if there has been any improvement. Finally, whenever I head back to my home in Dallas I get nothing...nodda...squat...even though Sprint says I should have stree level LTE coverage. I typically have to drive 4-5 miles in toward the city to connect to an LTE tower. Shim-shammy...

They are supposed to be much further along in LTE deployment in Baltimore vs. DC. I have heard stories about an LTE connection problem with that phone but don't know if it is a phone problem ora network one. I ahve a #G Sprint phone for business and I consider it to be a big mistake. When my contract expires I will jump ship but that is 9 months off.

They are supposed to be much further along in LTE deployment in Baltimore vs. DC. I have heard stories about an LTE connection problem with that phone but don't know if it is a phone problem ora network one. I ahve a #G Sprint phone for business and I consider it to be a big mistake. When my contract expires I will jump ship but that is 9 months off.

LTE works on the phone...just in a few areas in the Dallas area - and not like my home address, as advertised. According to the press release, one would expect LTE to be broadly deployed in the Baltimore area. This has not been my experience. While they were the first to the deploy 4G technology, they did a half-arsed job of rolling-out WiMax and, after doing a change-step march during implementation, they are now rolling-out a half-arsed LTE network. Apparently Sprint considers two hard-arsed 4G deployments as equally one Whole 4G deployed. It's Whole allright...spelled H-O-L-E. As I see it, they are just passing a lot of gas...and it stinks. Come on Sprint! Unscrew your LTE service. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)