Stupid Business Practice by SiriusXM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I just signed up recently and made a one time payment for a year of service. It already hit my credit card. I got an invoice from SiriusXM yesterday stating I had a balance due for what I owed. I called up of course a little ticked off and wanted to find out what was going on. The rep I got in touch with you could tell was from India but said his name was David, yeah right...

He looked up my account after asking several times for account verification. He stated that I did not have a balance but I was listed as an invoice customer. I asked him why and he said that all one time payment customers get invoices. Why would I get an invoice immediately after making a payment??

Not only is this a waste of paper, it's a waste of resources. If SiriusXM is reading this, please change your business practice and NOT send a customer who makes a payment for a year of service an invoice immediately! :mad:

I just signed up recently and made a one time payment for a year of service. It already hit my credit card. I got an invoice from SiriusXM yesterday stating I had a balance due for what I owed. I called up of course a little ticked off and wanted to find out what was going on. The rep I got in touch with you could tell was from India but said his name was David, yeah right...

He looked up my account after asking several times for account verification. He stated that I did not have a balance but I was listed as an invoice customer. I asked him why and he said that all one time payment customers get invoices. Why would I get an invoice immediately after making a payment??

Not only is this a waste of paper, it's a waste of resources. If SiriusXM is reading this, please change your business practice and NOT send a customer who makes a payment for a year of service an invoice immediately! :mad:
Agreed, but this is SOP for SiriusXM. Whether or not you sign up for paperless statements they will send you one invoice when you renew and/or subscribe for the first time. They will also send you a reminder by snail mail when your subscription is about to expire as SiriusXM has automatic subscription renewals "for your convenience". Right.

There would surely be subscribers who would be similarly incensed that they didn't get an invoice showing the amount paid-in-full (since canceled checks and the like aren't acceptable as proof of payment).

There would surely be subscribers who would be similarly incensed that they didn't get an invoice showing the amount paid-in-full (since canceled checks and the like aren't acceptable as proof of payment).

The difference for me though is the invoice showed that I had a balance due for the amount I had just paid, and included a payment stub!

I've never gotten any paper from Sirius, nor any sort of reminder. Radio did stop working one year- that tipped me off.

Just to the OP on a side note from your first post, there is a guy from India named George that works for me and I thought the same thing that it was not his real given name but it was. He told me there are about 3% of the population that have more typical Christian/English names, it depends on their religion.

I watched a program on CBC's "The Fifth Estate" about all the oursourcing that goes on. There's a tons of companies that use call centres in India. Once of the girls that was interviewed admitted that she has a fake name that she uses. They must do all the time thinking they can fool us.

:lie:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts