Stupid D* wont they learn from E* mistakes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Ok, well I usually dont post in the D* forum, as I am an E* person, but I just had to put this one out there...

My employer has D* and the just upgraded him to the new recievers (and the 5lnb dish) - that was a fiasco in its own right - took them 3 trips and 18 hours to get the job done... (for 2 recievers mind you)

Well he was irritated when he found out that he wouldnt be able to get his OTA any more... (stupid move by D* in my opinion) So he calls the D* customer support and gets somebody in West Virginia... He tells the girl how irritated he was and she was like, Oh sir we are sorry, I could change your service address and you could get Philadelphia locals.. We have been doing that for other customers with your problem.... WTF!!!????

So she changed his address and he is now getting Philly locals in a different DMA

Well, considering all of the other stupid things we've heard from D* CSR's, I guess this shouldn't surprise us... but wow.

bad move if it actually happend. He could always go get a HR-20 and get OTA

I was at an install today and well, to make a long story short, the customer was told by two separate CSRs that she could receive Comcast Sports net Philadelphia if she paid a one time fee of $5. On top of lying to the customer about a channel they do NOT carry, they then told her that the installer (me) would just need to change the zip code so it would come in, like that would make it magically appear. I was on the phone an hour and 15 min. until someone confirmed that D* doesn’t offer that channel.

Ok, well I usually dont post in the D* forum, as I am an E* person, but I just had to put this one out there...

My employer has D* and the just upgraded him to the new recievers (and the 5lnb dish) - that was a fiasco in its own right - took them 3 trips and 18 hours to get the job done... (for 2 recievers mind you)

Well he was irritated when he found out that he wouldnt be able to get his OTA any more... (stupid move by D* in my opinion) So he calls the D* customer support and gets somebody in West Virginia... He tells the girl how irritated he was and she was like, Oh sir we are sorry, I could change your service address and you could get Philadelphia locals.. We have been doing that for other customers with your problem.... WTF!!!????

So she changed his address and he is now getting Philly locals in a different DMA

If the customer ever needs a technician sent out they are going to send the technician to the installation address reported on the account that the CSR changed to. If the customer requests replacement receivers the equipment will be sent to the installation address that was changed, so the customer will be real upset that it won't be sent to the correct address. Bad move on DirecTV's part if this is true.

JMHO, this doesn't smell right. I don't believe it happened the way you said it did, if it even happened at all.

hahaha lmao i have heard way worse stories then that from dish and directv working at a call center---
how about tech who when customer asked him to plug phone line in after the new install he grabbed a 5 foot phone cord plugged it in about 5 feet away so the cord was taught across the hallway told them it was the only cord and left it at that --- or tech had his girlfriend with her while doing the install completely ignored customer was in a hurry because the y had a movie to go to so advised customer to call and we can walkthrough activating each box--- the tech stories are near as bad as the calls though .....drunk people calling ...

I smell fish and call BS; no CSR that wants to keep a job would dare mention how to "move" and that is IF they even know about doing it.

BUT at least I realize the OP is only relaying what he/she was told; with little or no proof to back it up; but it matters little.

I smell fish and call BS; no CSR that wants to keep a job would dare mention how to "move" and that is IF they even know about doing it.

BUT at least I realize the OP is only relaying what he/she was told; with little or no proof to back it up; but it matters little.
I concur!

Ok, well to appease the naysayers, I come back :)

Well as it relates to E* - we went through that whole garbage a year ago because they were giving programming to people who should not have gotten it...

But it is indeed factual - I went over to his house, and sure enough, he has the out of market locals. (I was also present when he made the phone call to the dumba$$ at D*...

My point in posting is: Is DTV quietly doing this to keep customers from jumping ship because they suddenly can't get their locals anymore? Also if it works for one, maybe it will work for many... I dont know... Just thought it was worth sharing :) But it is doubtful that any network would ever sue DTV the way they did E*... They always seem to be in the networks advertising pockets, so they wouldnt cut off their purse strings...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts