Stupid E* CSR!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nickg420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
Flowery Branch, Ga
I called E* Customer Service because a friend of mine lucked out and got someone with a brain and ended up with a 211 and is patiently awaiting tomorrow,

So, I figured what the hell, I'll try to get a head start and be one of the first on the list......All I can say is Holy Super Shitbreak Batman!!!!!

Not only did the lady tell me she could not "qualify" my account till tomorrow.....wtf ever that is supposed to mean????

But she explains to me about the instalation charge, like most of you I tell her no thanks I'll swap out the reciever myself, "oh no" she says "we have to put in a Dish 1000" I tell politely "Mamm I have a dish pointed at 61.5 already, I do not need a superdish"

Then she tries to convince me I do need the Superdish and that the new HD will not be mirrored to 61.5 and the SuperDish installation could be as much as $99.

I hate stupid CSRs and E* is severely pising me off

Especially when the girl hangs up after I ask for a CSR that has half a F*ckin Clue........that was the final straw.....

What the hell is Charlie doing??????

I am sure we will be seeing a lot of these over the next 48 hours. Later tonight I will create specific threads for people who had a good experiance and who had a bad experiance, it will be easier for everyone to follow and will also help Dish to see what problems need fixing. :)

nickg420 said:
I called E* Customer Service because a friend of mine lucked out and got someone with a brain and ended up with a 211 and is patiently awaiting tomorrow,

So, I figured what the hell, I'll try to get a head start and be one of the first on the list......All I can say is Holy Super Shitbreak Batman!!!!!

Not only did the lady tell me she could not "qualify" my account till tomorrow.....wtf ever that is supposed to mean????
True - The upgrade deals for the 211 are NOT in the system yet. and wont be until after 3:00am.
But she explains to me about the instalation charge, like most of you I tell her no thanks I'll swap out the reciever myself, "oh no" she says "we have to put in a Dish 1000" I tell politely "Mamm I have a dish pointed at 61.5 already, I do not need a superdish"
partially correct - the DISH1000 is not a superdish.
Then she tries to convince me I do need the Superdish and that the new HD will not be mirrored to 61.5 and the SuperDish installation could be as much as $99.
It has been metioned before the new HD would not be mirrored to 61.5. Which would leave a major population area of the northeast without the new service so that is most likely a false rumor and they will actually mirror the programing.

Best thing to do is when told you need a dish1000 is tell them you already have one.
I hate stupid CSRs and E* is severely pising me off

Especially when the girl hangs up after I ask for a CSR that has half a F*ckin Clue........that was the final straw.....

What the hell is Charlie doing??????
I don't blame the CSR for hanging up on you, with comments like that I'd hangup too.

It's already been mentioned in the uplink reports that 61.5 and 129 both have all the same HD on them. Well with the exception of CBSHD-East which is only on 61.5.

The last hold out I was aware of was Universal HD, which was not uplinked to 61.5 until last week.

nickg420 said:
when the girl hangs up after I ask for a CSR that has half a F*ckin Clue........that was the final straw

That would be the last straw to me too. If some one talks to me that way on the phone, the person on the other end would be hearing a dial-tone shortly there-after as well.

Keep calm when talking to CSRs. Most of them only know what is on the computer screen in front of them. Yelling at them will never get you anything more than a dial tone.

See ya
Tony

n0qcu said:
I don't blame the CSR for hanging up on you, with comments like that I'd hangup too.

Same here. I worked top level technical support in my last job, people who behave like that have their accounts flagged as "abusive". The CSR had every right to hang up on him.

NightRyder

TNGTony said:
That would be the last straw to me too. If some one talks to me that way on the phone, the person on the other end would be hearing a dial-tone shortly there-after as well.

Keep calm when talking to CSRs. Most of them only know what is on the computer screen in front of them. Yelling at them will never get you anything more than a dial tone.

See ya
Tony

No offense, but I have never heard a dial tone when someone hangs up before I do! :) I just hear silence. That is the one thing in movies that always bothers me.

Whoa Whoa Whoa I guess I should have been more choosy with how I expressed my anger .........I didn't say that exact thing to the CSR!!!

I just said one of us was misinformed and no offense but I don't believe it is me

can I talk to someone in Tech Support who may know more about what's going on and she hung up on me

And not one of those hold on and get disconnected but a click next caller hang up

I didn't cuss at her I was just angry and overcompensated when I explained the situation.

TNGTony said:
T

See ya
Tony

Ditto... :)

i think dish should certify all their CSR as level tech go through all books and have them take Level 1 test, and do 1 week of ride along with techs out in field. Dish also should do beater training CSR's on what works and what doesn't so we don't spent half hour arguing what satellite needed for what channels

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts