Stupid game hackers!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

T134

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 27, 2011
Minnesota
Those script kiddie kids are back at it again, attacking XBOX Live for One & 360 plus PSN. Was playing fine up until a bit ago then started getting connection to Xbox live interrupted popup and can't get into COD AW lobbies.

I know Sony and PSN is a bit lax on security but you'd think microshaft could put down a simple script kiddie DDOS before it started. Either way I'd love 5 minutes alone with one of these kids in mommy's basement. ;)

Oh, just kidding PS3/4 guys, too easy of a target to poke fun at with all going on at Sony lately. :)

http://www.gamezone.com/news/merry-...ive-are-down-thanks-to-lizard-squad-9727-jrn9

For X360 it was only a couple different short periods during the day that neither Jen or I could get into lobbies. Last night was all good. I noticed that Xbox live status page dropped the alert for 360 but still had it up for One late last night. For some reason I tried out the "call me when the problem is fixed" feature. Phone rang at 04:01 this morning to tell me it was fixed. Thinking Xbox live status is a bit behind.

Those script kiddie kids are back at it again, attacking XBOX Live for One & 360 plus PSN. Was playing fine up until a bit ago then started getting connection to Xbox live interrupted popup and can't get into COD AW lobbies.

I know Sony and PSN is a bit lax on security but you'd think microshaft could put down a simple script kiddie DDOS before it started. Either way I'd love 5 minutes alone with one of these kids in mommy's basement. ;)

Oh, just kidding PS3/4 guys, too easy of a target to poke fun at with all going on at Sony lately. :)

http://www.gamezone.com/news/merry-...ive-are-down-thanks-to-lizard-squad-9727-jrn9
DDOS attacks are not preventable, an it department can only hope to identify contain the attack when it starts

I was able to play SP campaigns of Contrast and Far Cry 4 yesterday on PS4, but network connectivity is still down as of this morning it appears. However, when switching to my trusty PS3 last night to watch Netflix, everything was up and running (friends lists and ability to play games online). The only thing I couldn't do is access the PSN store. I also seem to be connecting fine with the Playstation mobile app. I never checked my Vita, though.

EDIT: Microsoft seems to be have problems in other areas as some of my Outlook email account functions aren't available right now.

PSN status page has went from saying PSN is down to just "there is an error with your request". Xbox status reading good except for a few apps with problems that might have been problems before this all started. Havent fired up the 360 yet today to check if it is really working.

Read this earlier, Kim dotcom in NZ supposedly saved all us gamers from this happening. Ha!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...dotcom-saved-christmas-from-the-lizard-squad/

I just went to the Xbox site to check status and the status came up unavailable. I am logged in there but get errors trying to look at my account. Got right into xbox live and a COD AW lobby on the X360 though. Hopefully microshaft fixes their website before my xbox gold runs out. :biggrin

I hope, if nothing else, people now understand why the concept of a console requiring "always on" will never work. Could you imagine what would have happened if Xbox One had kept the always on requirement during this time?

Reactions: T134
I hope, if nothing else, people now understand why the concept of a console requiring "always on" will never work. Could you imagine what would have happened if Xbox One had kept the always on requirement during this time?

The internet just isn't reliable enough for an always on concept. I got a chuckle out of the Sony announcement about PSN or whatever being available on Samsung TV's. Even without the DDOS kiddies Sony can barely manage to keep PSN up half the time. If the only way to play games is online you are screwed. Of course PSN or Xbox Live aren't the only factors. Anything can go wrong from your home router to your ISP or any point in between that would completely kill your game system. At least with a traditional console with zero internet requirements you can play most any game as long as you have electricity.

Update on current situation: Got the call from XBOX awhile ago saying things were fixed again. Was able to get on their site and extend my Live by 12 months no problem. The whole time the site had issues I had no issues on the X360 itself. PSN still reporting offline. :(

The systems probably run on separate networks. Yes they both use PSN/XBL but they probably have subsections tailored to each system. Aside from just hacking, the "newer" systems are already strained due to all the people activating/updating/downloading stuff because of Christmas. Presumably there were a lot more PS4s/Ones coming online than PS3s/360s. Like I said, I've had no real issues with XBL, but I STILL can't get on PSN with my PS4. Luckily this hasn't really affected me much since I haven't had the urge to play any games online, but I'm sure there's a bunch of people who got the new CoD game or others like it who are pissed that they STILL haven't been able to play online.

i just turn on mine ps4 and none of my games work!
Same thing happened to my son. He has a full time job but spends a majority of his free time on video games.

So with the gaming network down, he decided to drive over to a friends house tonight to visit. I really like seeing him socialize more and have a more balanced life.

This wouldn't have really been a problem, Live wasn't/hasn't been down 24 hours concurrently since launch - and that's assuming the 24 hour check-in would still be around a year in, or wasn't extended to something more generous.

I'd be a little more concerned if it was Sony pushing the always-on, but in a lot of respects we're already there with how game development is approached these days. A lot of problems are self-inflicted because the games have to phone home for a variety of reasons and hang either for unnecessary periods of time or indefinitely unless you think to go and take the console offline.

This wouldn't have really been a problem, Live wasn't/hasn't been down 24 hours concurrently since launch - and that's assuming the 24 hour check-in would still be around a year in, or wasn't extended to something more generous.

I'd be a little more concerned if it was Sony pushing the always-on, but in a lot of respects we're already there with how game development is approached these days. A lot of problems are self-inflicted because the games have to phone home for a variety of reasons and hang either for unnecessary periods of time or indefinitely unless you think to go and take the console offline.

There was a time on Friday when Far Cry 4 hung on the "Logging In" screen and wouldn't let me access the main menus to continue my SP campaign, and LittleBigPlanet 3 failed to load main story (offline) levels. It never occurred to me to disconnect from the Internet as I was otherwise able to play SP modes of my PS3 and PS4 games during the outage.

Another related issue I encountered was not wanting to launch a new game (even an exclusively SP one) that I had previously downloaded and installed on my PS4 hard drive, figuring I would be unable to download any patches that inevitably get triggered (and are sometimes required) the first time a game is launched.

I was able to play MCC on Xbox Live on the 26th. Unfortunately when my friends showed up to watch The Interview I wasn't able to download the Xbox Video app. It seems like the gaming services where online but the store was not.

I ended up renting it from YouTube and watching on my Apple TV. The picture quality was fine but there was no 5.1 sound. Unfortunately Playstation, iTunes, Amazon Instant, and Vudu all chose not to show it so my options were limited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)