Stupid multiswitch, or is it me!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cnspotz

Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Okay, here's the deal. I used to have one single tuner and one dual tuner and everything worked fine. I now have two dual tuner receivers and the video signal is occasionally not detected to record a program. I have a Directv triple lnb with three cables running from the dish to a cable junction box. The cable junction box has two separate cables running to receiver 1 and two separate cables running to receiver 2. I installed a Dynex 3x4 Multi-Switch (model DX-MS102) in the cable junction box and used two of the three lines from the dish to connect to the Sat inputs on the Multi-Switch. I connected each of the four line outputs on the Multi-Switch to a separate cable line. Two of the four lines went to receiver 1, and the other two went to receiver 2. I now only detect one satellite (101 I think), and occasionally a show is not recorded because the "video signal was not detected." The Multi-Switch diagram states that a Diplexer is needed at the receiver, but I assume that is when only one cable is run to a dual tuner receiver. Do I have the wrong type of Multi-Switch? Please help!!

Tom Cahill said:
You need to take out the multiswitch and run a new line from the dish to the receiver.3x4 swithes don't work with your type of dish.
Actually 3 X 4 switches do work but they only deliver the 101 signal and if your receiver is set to 3 sat. it will produce erratic results which is what you are seeing. :)

boba said:
Actually 3 X 4 switches do work but they only deliver the 101 signal and if your receiver is set to 3 sat. it will produce erratic results which is what you are seeing. :)

ditto.

with the Phase 3 Dishes.. you HAVE to connect all 4 LNB connections to a multiswitch if one is to be used and you need the other sats on ANY receivers. Otherwise you will jsut get 101 and erratic results.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was hoping to prevent adding the fourth line as the dish isn't too convenient to access. At least I can return the switch and get my $$ back. Sounds like if I ever add more receivers I'll need a 4 by XX switch to work with my dish.

Cheers!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts