Stupid newbie question....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

volntitan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
We are looking to go HD and get the 5 LNB dish and the HR20. Can we use our old SD unit DVR in another room or do all the recievers have to be HD compatible (even if we won't have them on a HD set).

Thanks. Nice to know I don't have to go out and buy new units. Does the new 5 LNB dish come with the units? I remember that it used to be that every time you would buy a reciever it came with a dish...

Thanks. Nice to know I don't have to go out and buy new units. Does the new 5 LNB dish come with the units? I remember that it used to be that every time you would buy a reciever it came with a dish...

If you get the HR20 DVR, you get the new 5-lnb dish installed as part of the upgrade.

There are no such things as "stupid questions" there are only stupid people. I am glad to say that you do NOT qualify as this is an intelligent question!

If you want to upgrade and are a current subscriber, your best shot to get out inexpensively is to call D* and let them know you would like to upgrade to HD. When I did, I was gifted with an H20 receiver, 5 LNB dish and multi-switch for 14.95. Just remember to be nice as they do not owe you anything, but D* takes way better care of customers that E* ever will. I do subscribe to 3 services D*, E* and Comcast so I know.

We are subscribers under my wife's name, but we are going to join up with my father's commercial account. Problem is we either have to buy the equipment for $700 from the commercial DTV provider or bring our own equipment. We found the HD DVR for $300 online and now have to find the dishes for everyone, so just want to make sure that we get the right ones.

You really should look into contacting Value Electronics, they are a site sponsor and will always take care of you. I would get your own account, unless you are just looking to get the free programming, which may actually be illegal.

Actually we are doing a commercial account and we are looking for equipment that is not tied to any kind of residential contract or lease. Need to buy it out right.

Any info on that would be great....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)