Stupid question: Are dishes\LNA's standard?

Conner Dain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Dallas TX
:confused: Specifically, can the VOOM dish receive signals for my D*TV receiver? (Assuming it's aimed correctly.) I'm lazy and don't really want to go the trouble of re-installing the old dish.

Thanks!

CD

Conner Dain said:
:confused: Specifically, can the VOOM dish receive signals for my D*TV receiver? (Assuming it's aimed correctly.) I'm lazy and don't really want to go the trouble of re-installing the old dish.

Thanks!

CD

yep as long as you only want to get the 101 sat.

I believe it can (VOOM uses the same dish as D*), if one satellite is all you need...
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks so much! It's bad news that VOOM is going away (for now) but good to know I won't have to go to the trouble of uninstalling the VOOM disk and re-installng the D*TV one. Here's hoping that VOOM (or whatever it may be called) is re-born soon.

And thanks for the warm welcome! I've been lurking here since the March first announcement, and the forum has been an excellent (and often only) source of VOOM information.

CD

It will work on all DBS locations EXCEPT DirecTV on 110. D* uses a special LNB for it's 3 TPs at 110 which converts the frequencies to 3 other TPs. It converts TPs 28, 30, 32 on 110 to TPs 8, 10, 12 so that D* receiver "thinks" it is receiving those TPs from 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts