• No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
If you receive guide data for your local digital sub-channels, does your city also have "HD LiLs" carried by Dish ?? Note: If you do not get this guide data, do not vote please.

The poll question isn't very long, so this ^^ is more appropriate.

Also, if you do receive sub-channel guide data, please state your "market". If you do not get the data, your location isn't important (for now).

Last edited:
I get sub guide data for the Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Tx area for the Cw ota channel but no sub guide data for TBN sub channels or the sub channel on ABC, but I sub to Houston locals through Dish . No, I don't get HD written anywhere in the ota locals , but then again Bmt/Pt.Arthur isn't available in HD , just sd with Dish .

I get sub-channel guide data from Baltimore, but only "Digital Service" from Harrisburg. Niether Baltimore or Harrisburg offer HD LiL.

Too far out from Washington to see if they have it, where I have HD LiL from. My SD LiL is Washington/Harrisburg.

edit: As of yesterday, I now get Harrisburg guide data as well.

Last edited:
Regarding what sub-channels might get guide data, remember, Dish only provides it for the 'major' channels they carry. For example, if Dish only carries ABC, CBS, and NBC on SD, you'll only get guide data for the sub-channels of those stations. You might receive FOX, PBS, TBN, etc, etc via OTA but you will NOT get guide data for those.

I get sub-channel EPG data in Wash DC market and E* carries HD Locals.

Note - I DO get subchannel guide data for my OTA PBS station from Wash DC in addition to NBC, CBS, ABC. Our Fox has no sub-channels. E* carries all of these in SD and HD for Wash DC.

Regarding what sub-channels might get guide data, remember, Dish only provides it for the 'major' channels they carry. For example, if Dish only carries ABC, CBS, and NBC on SD, you'll only get guide data for the sub-channels of those stations. You might receive FOX, PBS, TBN, etc, etc via OTA but you will NOT get guide data for those.

Correct. The only one that gets guide data for sub-channels besides FOX, ABC, NBC and CBS is PBS here in my area.

Msp Mn i do have hd lil
I Get Guide Data for
2-1pbs(tpt) 4-1cbs(wcco) 5-1abc(kstp) 11-1nbc(kare) 23-1wucw 29-1wftc 45-1kstc
No Guide Data for
2-2 pbs(tpt) 5-2abc(kstp news/radar) 9-1-2 fo:mad:kmsp) 11-2nbc(kare weather +) 17-1-5pbs(various tpt's) 23-2wucw 29-2wftc 41-1 ion 41-2 qubo 41-3 i on life 41-4 worshiptv

If you subscribe to HD LILs, but do not have a signal OTA for those LILs, will a ViP622 still show the guide data for sub-channels of those satellite HD LILs ?
Many people have not had an OTA antenna for decades, and/or don't want one because of appearance factors, and I'm curious whether they will find out about the existence of the sub-channels through the guide data.

No HD-LiL in Columbus. The big 4 networks have 1 sub each but only 2 are active. One is Weather Plus and the other is My Network. PBS has 2 subs. We get subchannel guide data for one of PBS feeds only and its not a simulcast. How odd.

Mobile, AL

No HD-LiL, but I get subchannel data for most of the OTAs except those not in the SD-LiL package.

NYC DMA. Didn't vote per your instructions. HD LIL is carried but nbc, abc do not carry sub channel info at the moment. CBS has no subchannel, and fox sub channel (has guide data) is really WWOR a mytv channel and nationally carried by dish. Note some other channels have recently started carrying subchannels.

Back many months ago when they first tried rolling this out all these subchannels had guide data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)