Sub Channel Guide Data

I hear ya! I miss the info too. I still have sub-channel guide info for two of the 9 channels I get via OTA so I count myself lucky. I really really want the PBS HD channel data for my local PBS channel!

See ya
Tony

What is the hold up on getting it back? I had heard somewhere that certain receivers couldn't handle all the sub data guide information because of limited hard drive space or limited tech properties. I know I had sub data guide for my CW OTA station and it was very nice and it lasted one month and then poof. I want it back.

Yeah, I was digging it for the Baltimore channels, but now they are gone. At least DC info remained.

I, too, want it back in a big, bad, sorta way. It SUCKS having to set manual timers!

I'm the sixth person to respond to this since late last night. Let's start a petition, or at least start calling E* very often about it!

I guess I'm lucky, they left mine alone. Right now there's one weather radar, one brand new PBS subchannel and a brand new TBN station that are "Digital Service", everything else has valid data.

Wonder how long before its gone again? Hope it wasn't an 'accident' that we have it...Anyone hear that E* is intentionally providing it? Hopefully its here to stay...

Here too

The subs weren't there on the 8th but showed up on the 10th. I know this because record Veronica Mars & shows digital service. Then on the 10th Smallville shows up under correct title. Now if they can just get the multipath problem fixed & it will be great guns. I'm not only getting CW I'm also getting PBS HD.

Last edited:
Having guide data for the digital sub channels makes paying $5 for locals (required to get local OTA guide data) WORTH IT.

Thank you dish. Please keep adding Digital Sub channel guide data in the 14,000 and 15,000 range (no video just guide data).

Right now I pay $5 for local channels but I do not get any guide data for my OTA

1. PBS HD NE
2. PBS HD IA
3. Mynetwork TV Omaha
4. Mynetwork TV Lincoln
5. KETV News and Weather now
6. KXVO Spanish sub channel

Thats 6 channels with no guide data which should be included as I am paying the monthly fee.

Thank you dish, please keep adding them (I realize the smaller cities like mine will be last).

How complete is this supposed to be? I still have a lot of "Digital Service" in my guide (Raleigh, NC)
Your -00 and -01 channels have guide data, right ?? Do any of the -02 (and -03, -04, and so on, if applicable) channels have guide data ?? If not, be patient.... If some do and some don't, contact Dish, though standard tech support probably won't get you anywhere. They may have a "database" type problem on their end.

NOTE: Dish doesn't offer the sub-channel guide data for channels that they don't carry via satellite. For example, there's a TBN affiliate that I can get OTA and has 4-5 total channels. Dish does NOT carry this on the standard (analog) side, therefore they will NOT provide guide data for ANY of TBN's channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts