Sub channels with no program info, tuned via LCC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dawgsfan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2022
Ohio
Hi all,
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place and/or repetitive. I have an LCC hooked up to my Genie. It works great for picking up the local sub channels not carried by DirecTV. However, our local Fox affiliate, WYFX 62 in Youngstown, has 6 sub channels but none of them have programs listed in the program guide. They simply say “regular schedule.” To record on one of these subs, I have to set a manual recording and then leave one of my Minis tuned to that particular channel when the scheduled recording is supposed to start. Otherwise, the recording won’t work at all. Any advice on how I can get the program info to load in the guide for these subs, and/or how I can record these subs without having to leave one of the Minis tuned to that channel?
Again, apologies for any redundancies. I’m new at this.
Thanks.

Welcome to the site :)
It's basically unsupported. DirecTV uses their own database instead of the stations PSIP data. The database hadn't been updated in several years, then about two years ago they did some minor updates, and that was basically it again. There is some people that have identified subchannel in other markets with guide data that they pulled in a few of them, but it's difficult and flakey to say the least. If you want to regularly record off subchannel, you may want to look at a streaming solution like a Tablo DVR, or a Channel Master OTA DVR, in addition to your Directv setup. Sorry to share a disappointing answer.

Welcome to the site :)
It's basically unsupported. DirecTV uses their own database instead of the stations PSIP data. The database hadn't been updated in several years, then about two years ago they did some minor updates, and that was basically it again. There is some people that have identified subchannel in other markets with guide data that they pulled in a few of them, but it's difficult and flakey to say the least. If you want to regularly record off subchannel, you may want to look at a streaming solution like a Tablo DVR, or a Channel Master OTA DVR, in addition to your Directv setup. Sorry to share a disappointing answer.
Thanks for the welcome, jcrandall. I appreciate the info and will look into these options. Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the welcome, jcrandall. I appreciate the info and will look into these options. Have a great weekend.

You can add a secondary zip of a market that does have guide data for those subchannels. The guide data will be wrong, but you will have something in the guide to select. What market are you in?

You can add a secondary zip of a market that does have guide data for those subchannels. The guide data will be wrong, but you will have something in the guide to select. What market are you in?
Thanks. I’m in the Youngstown, OH market.

Thanks. I’m in the Youngstown, OH market.
Ok, here's what you can do... go to the "sat and antenna" setup, and re-do the set-up. Where it asks for a secondary zip code, enter 73102. That is Oklahoma City. They have a 62-1 through 62-6 in the database. You will even have guide data for the ion and Bounce affiliates in your market, but they will be on the wrong channel. I did not see an option to get the Fox network programs on 62-1 or any channel there, sorry. You may see fake guide data appear for other "regular schedule" subchannels in your market. The AM21 (or LCC) will match the PSIP xx-x channel AND/OR the RF channel number so there's a lot going on in there. Be sure to enter your home zip first or it will match the OKC channels first and it will be a mess. Good luck! The reason your Fox is not in the system is because it is a low-power channel and those usually do not make it into the system. If they update the system again, they may add the Fox 62-1 schedule because it is a major network.

Reactions: c-spand
Ok, here's what you can do... go to the "sat and antenna" setup, and re-do the set-up. Where it asks for a secondary zip code, enter 73102. That is Oklahoma City. They have a 62-1 through 62-6 in the database. You will even have guide data for the ion and Bounce affiliates in your market, but they will be on the wrong channel. I did not see an option to get the Fox network programs on 62-1 or any channel there, sorry. You may see fake guide data appear for other "regular schedule" subchannels in your market. The AM21 (or LCC) will match the PSIP xx-x channel AND/OR the RF channel number so there's a lot going on in there. Be sure to enter your home zip first or it will match the OKC channels first and it will be a mess. Good luck! The reason your Fox is not in the system is because it is a low-power channel and those usually do not make it into the system. If they update the system again, they may add the Fox 62-1 schedule because it is a major network.
It worked! Thanks so much for your help. It’s really appreciated.

Reactions: ejb1980 and Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)