sub to hd pack only?

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Searching the forums, I couldnt really find any definite info on this.. Lots of talk about the 811, but what about with a 6000?

Specifically:

1. If someone has a 6000 + old blue smartcard, do they charge to upgrade you to the yellow?

2. Can you sub to only HD pack with a 6000? Is it still only $10?

Thanks! :)

The upgrade is free as long as there is a subscription with that receiver on it. The HD pak isn't worth $10 but you would have to pay an additional $5/Mo. for not having a basic package. I don't know how the new 6 mo. free would be handled you would have to ask DISH.

I think the HD pack is a best buy at 10 bucks. It depends on what you want to watch. I would pay 10 bucks just for ESPN HD for the NFL and college football. VT and USC in HD this weekend. Can't get any better.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll be watching the VT USC game in infinite lines of resolution of real life :D That is, if we make it from the parking lot into the stadium. Look for the tailgate with the dish on a tripod :)

But it'd be awesome to see on espn hd too!

The HD Pack IS worth the $10. It's the only programming I have from Dish. They couldn't pay me to watch their SD channels.

My oldest brother is a USC grad and he's coming to visit this week so we will be watching the USC game with a bird's eye view from the 50 yard line. Almost better than live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts