Status
Please reply by conversation.

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
While we're seeing new subforums created left and right on here, I have a couple ideas for new FTA subforums. I however wouldn't want to see this forum turn up like the HDTV one is currently with a couple screenfulls of subforums and stickies before the new posts of the main forum (maybe it will reduce as they finalize things...).

But anyways, here are my ideas:

FTA Installation Help
- For posts of "what would I need to get for what I'm looking for" and, way more common, "help, I can't see xyz satellite(s), no signal quality values!"

FTA Upgrade Notes and Questions
- For posts of good ways to expand your FTA setup, or related questions. Could possibly also just go into FTA Installation Help if we want to keep subforums to a minimum, which I'm for.

FTA Regular Programming Schedules Reference
- This is kind of a unique one, not sure if many would like to see it but I would. This would be just listing perhaps one thread per [popular] FTA channel, where inside the thread we list and later update that channel's regular schedule for each day of the week (for the timeslots that don't or rarely change). I know there's TitanTV/zap2it/tvguide/etc. but they don't list many of the great FTA channels like People's Network. Then one could easily search just that subforum for a particular show they'd like to see. Again, work with me here on this one. :)

TuxCoder said:
But anyways, here are my ideas:

FTA Installation Help
- For posts of "what would I need to get for what I'm looking for" and, way more common, "help, I can't see xyz satellite(s), no signal quality values!"
Like it
FTA Upgrade Notes and Questions
- For posts of good ways to expand your FTA setup, or related questions. Could possibly also just go into FTA Installation Help if we want to keep subforums to a minimum, which I'm for.
huh? I'm confuised by this one
FTA Regular Programming Schedules Reference
- This is kind of a unique one, not sure if many would like to see it but I would. This would be just listing perhaps one thread per [popular] FTA channel, where inside the thread we list and later update that channel's regular schedule for each day of the week (for the timeslots that don't or rarely change). I know there's TitanTV/zap2it/tvguide/etc. but they don't list many of the great FTA channels like People's Network. Then one could easily search just that subforum for a particular show they'd like to see. Again, work with me here on this one. :)
maybe...but how many channels other than the network ones are we talking about here? I don't know of many

My main thing I don't want this to turn into other areas where there are 3 layers of clicking to get to where you want.
If I want to get to a topic, I don't want to be in subsection 4 to find my answer. The FAQ, reviews, and whats up there are good subsections. the install help one I could maybe see. I like coming to the site and seeing all the new posts in one area..I usually dont check reviews, sometimes FAQ, but I always check the main list. I wouldn't like to scan all differetn subsections.
just my .03

Iceberg said:
huh? I'm confuised by this one
The upgrade one would be things like (in order of common-ness):

1. I want to add a DBS LNB, and here's my current setup, now what? Can't really be a FAQ since there's some variance in what people already have.

2. I have [some combination of C, Ku, analog, digital] and want to add [some other combination of same], how to best go about it?

3. I'd just like more receivers and want/don't want to run new lines, etc...

4. How to add a motor (could be in the FAQ section though)

that would go under the install area.

Again, I personally would like to keep the subforums down to a minimum :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)