Subscribe from Dish Online or from Reseller?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScottInOkla

Original poster
I am pretty close to pulling the trigger and dropping the cable company with two TiVo's and switching to Dish. The question that I have is should I subscribe directly from Dish or should I subscribe from a reseller? I have seen ad's from resellers offering up to $150 rebate.

Directly from Dish. You can use the CSR's assigned to this site (DIRT) or do it online. I would do online over calling on the phone only because you will have a transcript.

What is the deal with the rebate from the resellers? $150 for a 2 year contract with paperless billing and autopay is the requirements.

The paperliess Billing and autopay sounds like the regular Dish network requirement offers as a new customer?

I am pretty close to pulling the trigger and dropping the cable company with two TiVo's and switching to Dish. The question that I have is should I subscribe directly from Dish or should I subscribe from a reseller? I have seen ad's from resellers offering up to $150 rebate.
And there have been many reports of having to pull teeth to get those rebates...if ever.

As a local retailer, I would recommend that route. My company offers additional warantee on our work, and a local presence to call when there is an issue. I always suggest supporting your local businesses. Ask your neighbors who did theirs, and if they were pleased with the work done. A personal referral is always a good sign.

I have to advise on going with a retailer. It's nice to support a local business and you get more personalized service. Most people like knowing they can talk to the same person they talked to when they signed up with, if they have a problem. All the benefits you may get from going directly with Dish you can still have by going with a retailer. If you want a free service call you can still complain to Dish and they may do it for you. A local retailer should be able to provide you with faster service also.

It's a good idea to deal locally. Not only are you supporting a local business but the business has a lot more invested in doing the job "right" the first time. This is not to suggest the job wouldn't be done right if you set up through Dish, but if you aren't happy the local business will be there quickly to fix the issues.
Just my opinion...

Ross

dan188 said:
When I signed up I did online with dish and went smoothly.

Same here and so did family members. All the installers were professional and did a nice job with installation! :) I actually think they were local.

Dish and retailers are suppose to have a level playing field. A retailer has to qualify a customer through Dish's website. If the Dish says they do not qualify they have to sign up under a different promotion that may cost money upfront.

Now if the retailer was told by Dish that you didn't qualify but Dish told the customer that they did qualify then something was wrong. I've had that happen to me before. The customer told me that Dish would do it for them but when I tried to qualify them it didn't work. I was able to make a manual exception to get the install done because Dish is not suppose to be able to do anything a retailer can't when it comes to selling.

When I search for a local retailer on the Dish site for my zip code Cellular Connection pops up. Is this where I check first? Do you know anything about this retailer? It appears to offer service in several major markets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)