Subscript out of range ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
I was testing out AZbox Edit 9.2880 and keep getting the message
"subscript out of range".

Maybe, more then likely I am not doing something right so I'll explain.
I downloaded the channel maps from one of my receivers.
Put them in a folder on the laptop.

Launch AZbox Edit (I want to delete the Eastern Sats.)
Try opening the file "all_channel.dat" and the message box pops up with "subscript out of range" I hit ok, then I click on
"Organize Sat & TP" the list of Sats appears on the right and I can delete some of the Eastern Sats. By the time I get to 169*E an error message comes up every time and I'm back to square 1.
So How do you delete these Sats?

Which program is used and which files am I supposed to fiddle with?
What I want to attempt to do is to have a North Americanized list of sats, one for C-band and another for KU so that the same is not on one sat. This would mean alot less hassels when trying to figure out the TP's later on.
My plan is to use from 15.0*W to 139*W.
I saw that someone had a file on another thread they made but I have no idea if it is wath I need or not since I can not seem to read it with any of the programs here.
I have Maz 3.0, AZbox Edit 9.2880 , & Tool Box Azbox HD 1.2

I am dealing with azbox firmware 4890 & 5020.
I was sent some instructions that using "Tool Box" was ideal in sending the file back to the azbox where it wrote to both disk1 & 2 at the same time so the Eastern sats will no longer come back to haunt us.
AZ Edit seems to find only the all_channel.dat file not the other 2 that are downloaded.
I hope this makes some sort of sense so if anyone can relate what am I doing wrong?

As a footnote here** I have a new PP receiver that has not been loaded with anything yet by me, It has 5020 installed on it and tested to make sure it works but I have not even done a blind-scan on anything yet nor changed any settings for the sats.
I mention this as it may be easier to try playing with this one first before messing with one that is already set up for viewing by some other household members here.

As for my FTA TP's well I have them printed out by sats so I can re-install them easily if needed. So I am not really worried about wiping out my actual channels.

..........(I want to delete the Eastern Sats.).........

So How do you delete these Sats?

Stargaze,

I have personally only found that using the remote was the best way to get this task accomplished. I delete ALL but ONE of the satellites in the resident list using the TP/SAT EDIT menu in SETTINGS. Do NOT attempt to delete the very last one, even if it is one that you do not desire. The AZBox just won't like it if you try this. It will generate an error and it is very difficult to ESCAPE out of this session. Leave the very last sat in the list and then add a sat that you know that you will want. Then go and delete that last remaining sat.

Then, you may add in more of the sats that you desire and build up your list. At some point, back up your file system (the three main files that we always speak of) so that you don't lose your work in progress.

There are methods for creating the *.dat files using an xml generator, but we really shouldn't have to resort to these methods. OpenSat should provide us with a functional editor program to make it worthwhile.

I haven't tried the methods that others have reported personally as I had already cleared my list out the hard and tedious way using the remote. Until I get some free time this winter to experiment, I am just leaving my box as is.

RADAR

As for the "subscript out of range" error message. I just don't know. I used to get a lot of error messages like this, but I don't know what they mean. I must have cleaned up some of my files as I don't see them very often anymore.

RADAR

I figured out a way to get rid of the eastern sats and changed the name of some they did not have in correct like Galaxy 17 and am now in the process of giving it a good go around.
It looks promising and if I can do it anyone can!:D

All I will say right now is if you have a hard copy of your FTA settings you should be able to have everything just as you want it in under 2 hrs from start to finish. Unlike the 9.5hrs I put in making the dumb mistakes...
At this moment I am ready to finish 97*W and I started at 24.5*W and I have c&ku fta all back up and running sweet.
But if you already have the list the way you want it you may be able to do it in 10 minutes. but I am ahead of myself right now as I need to do a couple of reboots and a power failure to see what it will do.
The last e-mail I received is saying some have tried it now for close to a month and all were a success so far.

Later today I am doing a virgin unit the same way but I am going to attempt to see if the firmware versions really matter at all. since the virgin unit has the newest firmware and I did my test with an earlier version of firmware. I don't think the channel and satellite lists would matter for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)