Subscription Channels with VisionSat Box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

marco916

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Sacramento
Is it possible to actually subscribe to subscription channels, say on 91W Bell Express Vu, I was re-aligning my dish today, did a blind search on 91W, and was able to pull in what’s on 91W BellVU, encrypted of course. Can I actually purchase a subscription with my VisionSat IV200 Box.

The Reason why I asked this, my view from my backyard has many trees, and the window of opportunity to all the good FTA Sats are obstructed, so I have a limited selection of FTA Sat’s to scan.

no. Bell & Dish require you to get their receiver

The card is for TanTV on 101W as example and some other subscription services out there

Subscription to the channels are only available with equipment provided by the broadcaster.

The Visionsat will receive Free To Air Channels and encrypted programming using valid Viaccess and Irdeto subscription cards.

Thanks Ice, Brian

I can also pull in 101W, where can I buy those ViaAccess and Irdeto cards from Brian??

Brian, SatAV is not selling VisionSat boxes anymore?? I notced you guys don't have them posted on your site. Did that company go away?? Thats a nice little box.

Subscription to the channels are only available with equipment provided by the broadcaster.

The Visionsat will receive Free To Air Channels and encrypted programming using valid Viaccess and Irdeto subscription cards.

Brian does anyone know what via access and Irdeto stations are out there that one can sub to. I know over in europe you can go to the local store and get them prepayed, and its bigger in europe than here. what I was wondering was what stations over here use those and how to sub.

The Tan Tv that Iceberg mentioned above, is the only subscription service I know of in North America, which has a card that'll work with the Visionsat.
And it carries Korean programming.

As for all the following services, you have to have their card -and- their receivers to get the subscription service they supply:
- Dish Network
- DirecTV
- Bell Express Vu
- Star Choice
- Globecast
- 4DTV
- Bob Jones University, set to discontinue satellite broadcasts at the end of this school year (now).

To repeat, you must have the appropriate receiver, -and- their subscription card (where applicable), to subscribe.

Will Home2US really let you use your own receiver? They offer Setanta Sports now which might be interesting for some people. Not that I want to pay $180 a year for it, but I know some soccer fans that might be willing. :)

I think "What can I subscribe to with an FTA DVB receiver with a smart card slot and software support?" might make a good FAQ entry. Of course if it is only Home2US the entry would be pretty short. :(

Yes, I was covering all the bases.
That's why I phrased it as: "... you must have the appropriate receiver, -and- their subscription card (where applicable), to subscribe."
That prevents 'em coming back and asking about those services. :D

Though, it's possible I added that comment after first posting.
I do tend to edit and clean up my posts for 5..10 minutes. :)

If anyone knows another ViaAccess or Irdeto service in North America, please enlighten us.
It wouldn't surprise me if some groups, businesses, or other organizations use one of those techniques to distribute their confidential company messages to members.
That could be a good market for the receivers.

edit:
I believe Home2US uses Nagravision, which would leave out the Visionsat.
Their offer to use your own receiver, is use of a DishNetwork box, as I recall.
The matter is worth more review - I'm fuzzy on that service.

Many systems provide the card with their receiver, but many subscribers choose to use a better receiver or a DVR unit if the company does not offer. IRDETO and VIACCESS do not marry to the receiver, so you may use the compatible receiver of your choice.

Here is a partial list of the ones that I am aware of on two satellite positions:

IREDTO - G19 - DFH 11936, Sentena 11991, Walf TV 12060, Radio Sénégal International 12122, CCN 12177, ISA 12177

VIACCESS - G19 - Korean Channels 11999, CTI TV and IPTV Channels 12090
AMC2/4 - Korean Channels, Setana 11860, Home2US Channels 12120

well has anyone ever heard of any of the pd. subscription services (and I realize this thread is revealing there aren't many) have ever worked with a Fortec Mercury II receiver...suspect not but am curious - thanks!

The Mercury II receiver does not have a CAS. There is an unofficial firmware release for BISS 1, but no other subscription support that we are aware of.

RTVE used to have a digital package available for the Americas thru Hispasat, I've seen some of the receivers selling on ebay in the past but they are useless for anything else.

I don't think the digital package is available anymore and I read that RTVE changed their encryption a few months ago after years of decrypted Nagravision thank to hackers.

I would consider their digital package if they offered everything they offer FTA in Europe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)