Subscription problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Recently I attempted to renew my subscription with a company that many of you use for your 4dtv subs. I am not naming them until this issue is resolved.

Be VERY VERY careful when using a credit card to purchase your programming.

I have used this company for quite a long time and have had good service with them, BUT here's what happened.

I have several credit card accounts. One of my cards has a very low limit which I like for the sake of fraud protection. I do not run a balance on this card and pay it in full every month just as a tool not to carry too much cash around or have to write checks.

I called my Programming provider and ask for a digital package and a premium.

The girl (customer service rep) said my credit card was "not any good".

I thought - there's no way this card is bad. It is a good standing account and has a zero balance. She tried to run the card 9 times!

SOOO- I like a dumba$$, went and got another card which authorized just fine.

Being concerned that the small credit card did not work I called the credit card company and asked them why the card was declined. They said it was not declined! It was maxed out by the "program provider"! They ran the charges against my card 9 times! WTF!

I told my credit card company that was a mistake since they could see the exact same charge nine times within 5 minutes from the same vendor.

They said I would have to call my program provider and they would have to give permission to remove the charges!

I called them and got connected to customer service in accounts and the person assured me that this would be taken care of promptly.

It has been over a week and now its still f**k'd up!

The accounting dept admitted to me over the phone that the girl who took my order was new and made a mistake.

I called my credit card company and they said the "accounting dept" started the process but did not finish.

what a mess!:mad:

What a BUMMER...

I also use a small credit card ($300.00 limit) on-line for the same reason..

By all rights this should have been taken care of that same day..

Well as it stands now, it is still a mess and I received an email from "my programmer" and the figures she is stating that will be credited back to my card is WRONG!

This thing just keeps going on forever it seems.

I just can't understand why that this could not be corrected with a few keystrokes and a couple of phone calls between the credit card company and the program provider.

It seems that both parties (the credit card company and the programmer) are just too darned incompetent.

I have already invested several hours in phone calls, voice menu prompts, e-mails, and writing letters.

I PAY the credit card company and I AM the customer. I think since all their money comes from people like ME, they should take care of ME.

It's not so bad that they made a mistake. It's bad that they don't FIX IT!

I have a business and make mistakes sometimes. but I make dam sure I make it back up to the customer and then some.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)