Subscription Service and general questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BlueWave8

Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
Medina, OH
Hello everyone, I am new to the site and was given some information about H2H in a thread I started earlier this morning:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/253708-grettings-questions-about-bud.html

Given the "transitions" that are happening with 4Dtv and H2H, is the DSR-922 still worth getting? If I plan on using it for H2H my understanding is that it will have to be remapped, if this is the case will it still be able to work as a dish mover/polarizer and analog receiver?

I haven't used a satellite system before so I am still a bit fuzzy on exactly what "maps" are, what they do, how they are updated, etc..

using a dsr 922 with the built in positioner with works fine with hits, but It has to have x4 satellite (105w) in it... you could make it work one of two ways Master Reset or an auth reset... Master reset you will lose the maps that have been in the memery pre 1-4-2011... Id check out TVroPro web site... I believe every thing is on there 4dtv related.. If you buy on ebay who knows the state of the maps it could be any one of serveral combinations:(

4DTV | 4DTV Online By TvroPro | The Official 4DTV Info Site | C Band Satellite Programming | 4D Map Master

Thanks for the information, gentlemen.

Is it correct that the H2H feeds are master quality?

If I can retain those features of the 922, then I believe that is what I will purchase instead of a 410.

While not a Master they do a good job with it. They transmit at a full 640 x 480 resolution, unlike Dishnet and Direct. Pizza compresses at 480 x 480 or 576 x 480. Direct has less channels in the mux then Dish but side by side H2H wins hand's down.. I think you;ll be more than satisfied.

Great, hits to home sounds like a good plan!

Now for the fun stuff....I am still learning a lot here, so please help me out. What are my different options for setting up my Dish? I was thinking about getting a Corotor II + and a Norsat C and Ku band LNB, but then I started reading some interesting information about ortho feed horns. Like I said earlier, I'd like to do a little bit of everything, H2H, analog, FTA. Can anyone discuss (or layout for me) the pros and cons of the corotor setup I described vs. an ortho feed? What else is necessary for ortho feed? Would I need a separate dish then for Ku? Will I still be able to get H2H?

Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.