Subwoofer Problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
I recently got a used Gateway AV receiver and reused the JVC speakers from an old system. With the old JVC receiver watching a program with DD Prologic sometimes the dialog and other sounds would show up in the subwoofer. To stop it I would have to pull the rca input out and plug it back in sometimes three or four times before it would start doing the low freq. sounds again It never did it with 5.1 on dvds just prologic from other sources..now with the gateway I dont get the dialog or other noises but at times I get an aggravating hissing sound through the subw. when using prologic or 5.1..havent noticed it during DTS programs yet but the fix is the same unplug and plug back in a few times till it acts right again..any ideas what could be causing this? I aint scared to take it apart and check stuff..just need to know what to look for : bad ground etc.

Thanks

Bill

I had the same problem with my sub woofer at one time. It turned out to be the connector in the receiver, there was a loose wire connected to the receiving end of the RCA plug, I resodered the wire and it has been working fine since.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)