Success!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Well guys, I finally got it going on Nimiq 2 at 82. But unfortunately WGN-DT is now scrambled.

I was also able to see the Dish 500 channel on 110. But GolTv never showed it's face. Not sure why.

On to the Ku dish.

Thanks to Cascade, Iceberg, and PSB for their help. I think part of my problem might be that my switch might be bad.

Maybe I just missed it, but with the PC card, it is really kinda funky. I really have to finagle to get a scan. There is also no really good way to point, thus I bought a signal stregnth meter.

thanks all!

I was really disappointed about WGN because the day I got it setup, the White Sox were playing the Royals and the game was in HD. Dang!!!!

I was watching a little bit of the game on KWBS on G10 :)

-Cardinals on KYPX
-Royals on KWBS
-2 different football games on WMQF & KPBI

Gotta love it :)

I just added a DBS LNB this weekend and scanned for everything that should be FTA. I came across WGN-DT and I seem to recall at least the sound was in the clear. It's AC-3 so I had to listen through my [audio] receiver. I had no video because my [FTA satellite] receiver is not HD capable (nor is my TV). Are you sure you had the PCI card set up to put out the AC3 audio, and had the HD decoder set up right?

I never really looked. If you scan with Ritzdvb, it tells you after you scan if the channel is FTA or scrambled. I just saw it wasn't FTA and moved on. I was just so happy to actually get something scanned, I didn't pay much attention. MY wife was about to kill me from having her on the walkie talkie giving stregnth.

My next move is G10 with the DTN dish. I just have to lug it off the roof here and find somewhere to mount it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)