Sudden Audio Loss on 522

drobbins

Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Ok, tonight after my DISH 522 ran its update, suddenly my audio running out to my stereo won't work! I tried going through the setup/installation menu, to see if there were any options added or changed, but couldn't find any! Basically, my reciever is connected to my TV via a coaxial cable, like regular cable is/used to be; but, I also have the RCA output going out to my home theatre sytem, so I can watch movies and such via my stereo when I feel like it - so basically I can have audio through my TV AND my stereo - it's done this fine with no problems for months - in fact, this is how the DISH guy installed it; however, suddenly after the update tonight it doesn't work! Any ideas as to what happened, and how I can fix this!?!

Just some trouble shooting items.
1. Have you tried switching the port on your audio receiver (from TV to DVD, etc). To ensure that it's not a blown input on the surround equipment.
2. Have you tried using audio cables from the "monitor/audio out" from the back of your tv into the surround?
3. Since you have a 522, do you have it in dual mode (tv2 connected)? If so, switch the audio cables on the back of the satellite receiver - leaving the surround connected as it is now - and hooking the audio from the A/V jacks for tv2.
4. If you have a VCR or DVD player, hook it up using the cables from the back of your satellite receiver. if still no audio comes through your surround, try using different cables from any device to the same input.

These steps should help you to determine if it is the surround receiver, the satellite receiver, etc. It will take about 5 minutes, but the hold time to Dish is much longer....LOL

There is an internal menu option (Menu - 6 - 7) having something to do with sound options....Might play around with that?!?!?!

Good Luck!
Jen

Thanks - well, I'm not sure what happened, but after unplugging the reciever and letting it sit for about 20 minutes, then plugging it back up, it started up just fine. Weird.