Sudden loss of signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hpleibo

Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I have an RCA directv system, several years old, everything working fine then one day I get the message "searching for signal". Nothing had changed in the system. On the transponder screen I got strong signals on the odd transponders and nothing on the even transponders, just instructions to move dish 3 degrees, which I did to no avail. I get a strong signal on channel 100, however nothing else. When I called DirecTv they were useless. Any ideas?
Howard

I would suspect your LNB has a problem and you have lost one of the polarities. You may have a problem with the voltage being supplied to the LNB also but that is a long shot since one works ok.

I purchased a new LNB and installed it, however no better. Get Channell 100, and all of the odd transponders. No signal on even transponders. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.
Howard

If you have a switch in the line with a spare port try moving to that port as Al suggested and see if that helps.

If you are directly connected to the LNB you also could check the voltages out of the receiver RF input connection and see if you are getting the 13 and 18 volt changes with the selection of the odd and even transponders. I think the even ones use 18 volts.

To check the voltage you will need a voltmeter. Set the meter to measure at least 20 volts. Remove the antenna lead from the receiver and put the red lead of the meter into the center of the receivers coax connector. Place the black lead on the screw threads of the connector. With the receiver set to either polarity you should measure around 13 or 18 volts, depending on which polarity you chose. With the receiver set to the other polarity you should measure the other voltage.

I would say RCA go "poof" or send your overdue payment in...

No seriously, Try the reset, ( unplug it for a few mins )
Is this the only receiver you have in the house, if not is the other working?
Check the switch,

I would say its the receiver though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)