Sudden loss of signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim in Atlanta

Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
I have a dishpro 500 with twin LBNF's & a dish dvr receiver. This is installed on a houseboat. The lake level has dropped several feet in the last several months & my signal got progressivly worse as it dropped. It kept having to reaquire the signal. Moving the antenna back & forth did not solve the problem. Finally I attempted to tweak the antenna height by moving it up 2 degrees to 40. I lost the signal & have not been able to get it back. I have tried everything including taking it down & moving the entire antenna back & forth & up & down & can not get even the slightest signal now. Is there any easy way to check the LBNF to see if it may be bad? When I do check switch, Satellite shws conn in both 1 & 2 with x's in polarity & twin in device c0lumn's. Status says problem detected, check connections. In Details, it it says DP Twin-1 Good connection, no signal. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thanks

There are several essential steps required to achieve an install where the dish is located on a stationary surface. Suggest the you review the install specs required for your zip code and put the dish on those specs. eg: azimuth, skew and elev. Confirm that the mounting post is plumb. Confirm compass heading to verify that your craft being docked lower has not been blocked by an object. Confirm proper cable connection to dish and that the cable is passing 18volts DC to dish. Perform a check switch test. If successful, tune dish using tsp 11 on 119. If all else fails, you might consider investing in a dish that can automatically track the sats. A little pricey but solves the movement problem that you are possibly experiencing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts