Sudden loss of signal.

rjns

Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
CA
I have Dish service for my folks in Texas. Last week, their signal was spotty then finally went out completely over the weekend. The receiver has already been replaced with a brand new one and still no go so Dish told us the problem was the dish outside. Before I fork out the $95 service fee to have the dish looked at, can anyone tell me what their signal strength should be and/or any other things we should try first?

They have the VIP222K, HD Duo, dual LNB. They are in North, Central Texas in a rural community with absolutely no trees, buildings, or telephone/electrical poles around. The dish is mounted on the roof. Service was started in April 2011 and this is the first time (as far as I know) that they have completely lost the signal. They also have an international channel dish mounted a few feet away, which they still get a signal for.

They've had dish issues with other companies in the past. The dishes would not last long for whatever reason. Is it the weather degrading the connections/parts out there? I don't know of anyone else having issues like this out there.:confused:

I have Dish service for my folks in Texas. Last week, their signal was spotty then finally went out completely over the weekend. The receiver has already been replaced with a brand new one and still no go so Dish told us the problem was the dish outside. Before I fork out the $95 service fee to have the dish looked at, can anyone tell me what their signal strength should be and/or any other things we should try first?

They have the VIP222K, HD Duo, dual LNB. They are in North, Central Texas in a rural community with absolutely no trees, buildings, or telephone/electrical poles around. The dish is mounted on the roof. Service was started in April 2011 and this is the first time (as far as I know) that they have completely lost the signal. They also have an international channel dish mounted a few feet away, which they still get a signal for.

They've had dish issues with other companies in the past. The dishes would not last long for whatever reason. Is it the weather degrading the connections/parts out there? I don't know of anyone else having issues like this out there.:confused:
The only information you have provided is they have a DISH VIP222 receiver and are located some where in North Texas. What dish do they have 500/1000+/1000.2/ 1000.4????? With a VIP222 HD receiver and international channels they should have a 1000PLUS dish.
A dual LNB dosen't match up with your other equipment description.

I suggest you sign up for the PROTECTION PLAN it is $7/mo. and reduces the service call to $15 you must keep it for 5 mo. or pay a penalty for early termination.

=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)