Sudden Signal Loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

This morning I was watching 97W C-Band and almost all of the channels were coming in strong with an average signal quality of 71-73% on the Mexican muxs and the 3940 H 30000 was also in the low 70's% signal quality wise.
I went to view this satellite a half hour ago and 3940 H 30000 is non existent with a flickering signal quality of 10% and the Mexican muxs now vary from the low 50's to low 60's%. I know signal quality varies a bit from time to time with every satellite, but this is crazy
There was no wind to blow the dish off signal and I have no switches or splitters.
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.

John

Hi John, did you try bumping your dish a few clicks east/west? 3940 is coming in good here with 85% Q on my MicroHD, watching Buzzr right now.

Are others SATs affected or is it just 97W?

Andy

Hi Andy,

I've only checked 97W. I tried bumping a little left and right, no change.
I'm thinking that I will have to change the coax cable that leads from the LNBF to a connection point to another coax cable I have in back of the dish.
Its about 15 feet in length.
Maybe 19 years of UV and Cape Cod weather has compromised the cable in some way.
Thanks for the input.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)