Suddenlink Internet in Jonesboro, Arkansas

RealisticDave

Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Arkansas
I've had Suddenlink Basic Cable, plus (cable) Internet service for almost 5 years. The first 4 years were somewhat questionable: our Internet service would often times go off, sometimes for hours at a time---and then it would 'magically' come back up. I worked over the phone with their tech support many times, doing their 'usual' checklist items such as power cycle the modem, reboot the computer, reseat all cables, etc. Nothing ever made a difference. I requested an onsite tech on a number of occasions, but---of course---the service was never down when they arrived (hours or days later). Just to satisfy myself, I purchased a new cable modem and wireless router, but no change.

I had requested someone to check the incoming cable back to the street, but the techs would never check anything past the outside box (on my house). Finally in July 2011, a tech with a bucket truck showed up and checked all the way back to the street, changed a connector at the pole, and for the past 8 months we've had NO problems whatsoever with our Internet service. And, we use it a lot between the ROKU box and my wife's interest on Ancestry.

However, the past couple of weeks, we've had a different problem crop up: our Internet service goes off for short periods of time, sometimes only 2-3 minutes, sometimes for 10-15 or so. And, unlike our 'other problem,' the "online" led doesn't just go off, oftentimes the entire modem 'goes dark,' like someone is doing a complete reset. Just this morning, for example, it's done it 5 or 6 times. I guess I'll have to start the whole ordeal of dealing with Suddenlink tech support again---but I'm not looking forward to it! In our previous life, we had telco DSL which is definitely slower, but we never had these problems either. (But AT&T doesn't offer the service in our area yet.)

I've had Suddenlink Basic Cable, plus (cable) Internet service for almost 5 years. The first 4 years were somewhat questionable: our Internet service would often times go off, sometimes for hours at a time---and then it would 'magically' come back up. I worked over the phone with their tech support many times, doing their 'usual' checklist items such as power cycle the modem, reboot the computer, reseat all cables, etc. Nothing ever made a difference. I requested an onsite tech on a number of occasions, but---of course---the service was never down when they arrived (hours or days later). Just to satisfy myself, I purchased a new cable modem and wireless router, but no change.

I had requested someone to check the incoming cable back to the street, but the techs would never check anything past the outside box (on my house). Finally in July 2011, a tech with a bucket truck showed up and checked all the way back to the street, changed a connector at the pole, and for the past 8 months we've had NO problems whatsoever with our Internet service. And, we use it a lot between the ROKU box and my wife's interest on Ancestry.

However, the past couple of weeks, we've had a different problem crop up: our Internet service goes off for short periods of time, sometimes only 2-3 minutes, sometimes for 10-15 or so. And, unlike our 'other problem,' the "online" led doesn't just go off, oftentimes the entire modem 'goes dark,' like someone is doing a complete reset. Just this morning, for example, it's done it 5 or 6 times. I guess I'll have to start the whole ordeal of dealing with Suddenlink tech support again---but I'm not looking forward to it! In our previous life, we had telco DSL which is definitely slower, but we never had these problems either. (But AT&T doesn't offer the service in our area yet.)

Hello - my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your internet service. I would be happy to work with management in your area to resolve. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)