suddenly all channels showing No Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

unclejohn

Original poster
Aug 25, 2021
Los Angeles
Hi
I have a satellite on my roof for watching free to air foreign channels. my receiver is a freesat v7
suddenly, one day all channels started showing No Signal message
I went to the roof and did a test to make sure the cable from the satellite to the receiver is continuous, meaning nobody's cut it. And in fact, it's continuous.
that's the limit to my expertise as far as electronics, and I know nothing about satellites.
Next I am thinking of testing my receiver and the LNB. The problem is, I don't know how. is there a way to test these?
The picture of the LNB is here:

View: https://i.imgur.com/LbYjtSY.jpg

Can I buy any random LNB? or it has to match? What has to match? the noise? the gain?
There is one in my local classifieds website, it says it's universal and it's for FTA channels. will that work for sure?

Hi
I have a satellite on my roof for watching free to air foreign channels. my receiver is a freesat v7
I went to the roof and did a test to make sure the cable from the satellite to the receiver is continuous, meaning nobody's cut it. And in fact, it's continuous.
that's the limit to my expertise as far as electronics, and I know nothing about satellites.
Next I am thinking of testing my receiver and the LNB. The problem is, I don't know how. is there a way to test these?

Can I buy any random LNB? or it has to match? What has to match? the noise? the gain?
There is one in my local classifieds website, it says it's universal and it's for FTA channels. will that work for sure?

If the lnbf is bad I would replace it with this standard lnbf. KE4EST is a member here and will give you great support with your purchase. :)

Reactions: KE4EST
If the lnbf is bad I would replace it with this standard lnbf. KE4EST is a member here and will give you great support with your purchase. :)

thank you, the problem is, I don't know if the lnbf is the problem.

I dont know how to do that, how do I know where it was before? we haven't had any wind recently and the dish seems to be pretty firm.
The easy way, is to have previously scratched a vertical line from polar mount to mounting pole. IF the wind twists the dish, they'll no longer line up across the parting line. You then twist it back, and line them up again. Then tighten the bolts slightly tighter.

p.s. I used to drill through and lock them together. Until the time I realized that IF you actually get winds high enough to twist the dish, maybe it's a good thing to let it twist. Because it'll ALWAYS twist OUT of the wind, which could save it from possible destruction.

Hi

Well,and don't take this the wrong way,if you truly don't know how to do any of this stuff,it's probably best to find someone nearby who does.The alternative is to start reading and learn and get the basic tools necessary to get the job done.

If the dish feels secure, I wouldn't try moving it.

Check for DC voltage at the LNBF. Unscrew the coax connector from the LNBF. With the satellite receiver on a vertical channel, the voltage reading between the center conductor to the outside of the connector should be approx. 13Vdc. With the receiver tuned to a horizontal channel this voltage reading should be 18Vdc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts