Suggestions for an old 811 and 942 receiver

You obviously never experienced a 7100/7200. I'll probably have nightmares from just thinking of those again... Holy crap were they a pain in the ass.

That being said, the 811/381 was crap.
I still love the 381. Wish I had one that still worked. That said, the input was a fantastic idea. They should add that to a Hopper

I am glad you liked the 942. The 722k was super awesome too. I still miss it. The modulator out to the home distribution for older TVs in the home and the dual OTA tuner was a big plus. I wish the Hopper had the TV 2 out capability or if there was some way to sync a recordings to other TVs would really be awesome. Two OTA tuners would be nice too since we were spoiled with the VIP DVRs.
the 722 series was perhaps THE best box Dish ever put onto the market.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You obviously never experienced a 7100/7200. I'll probably have nightmares from just thinking of those again... Holy crap were they a pain in the ass.

That being said, the 811/381 was crap.
Oh yeah...Did a service call back abouit 10-12 years ago....The custy was this weird lady that had farm animals all over the place. I walked into the house and what do I see, a freaking baby goat walking around the living room.
What a dump! Anyway she had one of these 7000 series webtv receivers. When I told her it was kaput, she about lost it. She was literally on the verge of tears because by then Dish did not make these anymore nor could they be replaced.
She did not have a computer. That thing was her internet connection!.....Her ISP was this local provider that actually transmitted a wireless signal, line of sight to anyone with the antenna provided by the ISP. The thing was mounted on a pole that was at least 50 feet tall.
Here is a link to the ISP.....Funny stuff......BTW, the Dish fulfillment co I worked for actually sold this and was using it in our office!!!!!
http://www.dasia.net/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)