Suggestions for sat install in difficult reception area.

LarryHes

Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
I live in an area that I cannot receive over-the-air signals. Been on a sat setup for about 10 years, with mostly good reception and mostly decent signal strength. Was on Direct TV in early years and switched to Dish about 8 years ago. Problems with signal interruption and losing picture frequently started with the installation of Dish's superdish about 3 years ago. I use a dp 301 receiver, superdish, and have dp34 switch. Signal strenth currently is 75 to 95 for local channels on sat 110 (spotbeam 4)-- not a problem. All other TR signals currently in the 35 to 55 range and I lose signal regularly even when there is no apparent "weather" system in the area. This situation has been more pronounced since May of 2007 and dish-tweaking has not helped

Dish is currently offering a new setup. Any suggestions on what equipment I should request or buy?

SuperDish, is that the 121 or 105 and what is it used for?

There are still about 5 area's with locals on 105, and I believe are on another satellite also.
There are a lot of international programming packages on 121, and are also being added to 118.75. Rumor is Dish is moving channels away from 121 to use it for other interests.

What you should get really depends on your Zip Code and what programming packages you have, and if you are planning on upgrading to an HD package or not. Otherwise, take Dish's recommendation and hopefully they will upgrade your dish (& switch) for free. I've heard they are upgrading SuperDish 121's to a Dish 500+ by replacing the LNBF Cluster with the new Repoint Kit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)