suggestions on viewing software?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scott1256ca

Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
canada
Preferably free. I can't seem to find much that supports dvb-s2. altdvb and ritzdvb don't seem to be supported anymore. Tried mytheatre in the past and didn't care for it much. Mediaportal doesn't work (don't know why). I just installed a motorized dish. So usals support is preferred. My card is a digiwave 202g and I'm using an XP box. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I still use AltDVB once in a while.
There is a bda driver for it out there, and it does work on DVB-S2.

Sichbo is free (no recording function unless you make donation), but haven't tried it.

DVBViewer is popular and relatively inexpensive. And once you pay for it, can get TransEdit for free.

DVB Dream 1.4I still running strong and free. S2 and BDA driver (at least there is a BDA driver for my TBS card)

I also use a parrallel version 1.5 for the 2nd tuner on a second dish.

dvbDream Runs

dvbDream v1.4i runs well on a XP platform.
Plug in dvbEPG and grab packets for the FTA program guide of all channels.
Need proof .... how about Game 1 World Series Info
10-27-10_dvbEPG_splash_v4z.jpg

Pc DBV viewing software

I have had great problems with viewing software I am using a Prof 7301 and running windows XP
The card never worked with DVB Dream 1.4 or 1.5, It could see transponders but would never connect . At one point I thought there was a problem with the Prof card . I did manage to get it working sometimes with Alt DVB and it worked with Blaze DVB but that software didn't handle DVB-S2. In the end I ran across Smart DVB ( which is free) , Jacinto Olvera <jackjavo@hotmail.com> the writer of the software was good enough to E Mailed me a few pointers to questions I had and over all it is the only software that seems to work for me . Some times there are a few quirky thing like having to re: start the software to get it to scan and change transponders but over all it works even on DVB S2. It has a good recorder which works well recording a TS signal format
Compared to others It is A+ :up

dvbDream v1.4i runs well on a XP platform.
Plug in dvbEPG and grab packets for the FTA program guide of all channels.
Need proof .... how about Game 1 World Series Info

/////

I wonder if you could be more specific as to how exactly you got a program guide and which satellites it will grab the guide for? Appreciate it. Merry Christmas

My guess is that DVB_Dork is probably getting the EPG from a Dishnet satellite for "all" channels that "Dishnet" offers. There aren't many FTA channels that have EPG and then they are only for a single channel. This would also probably require a circular LNBF.

DRCars

7-Day Dish EPG .... On the Side

My guess is that DVB_Dork is probably getting the EPG from a Dishnet satellite for "all" channels that "Dishnet" offers. There aren't many FTA channels that have EPG and then they are only for a single channel. This would also probably require a circular LNBF.
DRCars
Yea, that's right. Only good for DN system.
The DN "In the Clear" Electronic Program Guide (EPG) is available for a DVB-S card.
You can populate the 7-day EPG from Echo 7 , 12486 MHz or Echo 10 , 12515 MHz.
I run dvbDream with dvbEPG. There are other apps, but dvbEPG lets you display favorites.

DVBEPG_Sat selection.JPG DD_Audio_v2.JPG

sichbopvr now supports downloading and mapping internet guide data to fta channels. works great with my prof 7500.

crackt out,.

anyway to tell which channels EPG data can be obtained for? is EPG data availab for non-english channels

im not sure where the guide data is coming from but it appears that it covers most subscription channels. for example... i wasnt able to simply type in "qubo" and find a match. im sure id need station call letters to find a match. it does have info for any channels on bell, shaw, dish, and dtv. itd be nice to be able to mix guide data from dvb-t with a dvb-s source. maybe ill mention it. sichbo is good and fast at adding most features that are requested. i havent played extensively with it cuz i got the bright idea to overhaul my home network the other day and it is alot larger task than i thought. haha.

crackt out,.

crackt, i got my prof 7500 for christmas. i slaved it from my coolsat. problem is i can only get sichbopvr and smartdvb to work with it in non hd . i cant find the right codec for h264 but i only have 256mb of video ram at the moment. i like both programs once messing with them. is it possible to get hd to run with this minimal memory. if so or not do you know what is the best codec setup with winxp? the computer is an older presario sr1950nx desktop. i was thinking on upgrading to a nvidia pure video hd card. thanks if you can help cause it is getting frustrating with audio and or video codec errors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts