GEOSATpro Suggestions?

TVHabit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Southwest Desert
Recently opened up our cabin for the season and that includes firing up the BUD.
I have a GeoSat Micro and an original General Instruments receiver used just to move the dish. The GI decided to die and I have two questions: Is there a way to connect the GeoSat to move the dish? And two, if I can't use it are there any dish movers on the market anymore? Used to be many different options from simple to complete setups but I have searched and basically found nothing.
Thanks for the help!

This is pretty much it for the USA, and the MicroHD can use it to move the dish automatically: Titanium Satellite - Store

Otherwise, you can ask around and maybe get another old receiver for free from somebody just to move your dish manually. Or, you can build a 24 - 36volt 5 amp dc power supply and use a couple push buttons to move it East or West.

This is pretty much it for the USA, and the MicroHD can use it to move the dish automatically: Titanium Satellite - Store

Otherwise, you can ask around and maybe get another old receiver for free from somebody just to move your dish manually. Or, you can build a 24 - 36volt 5 amp dc power supply and use a couple push buttons to move it East or West.
I did see this product and if it wasn't quite so pricey...but I think I'll try a different receiver for a mover. My, how this market has changed since the 80's when I got our first dish. Like I've said before - I'm an old analog guy trapped in a digital world!

I did see this product and if it wasn't quite so pricey...but I think I'll try a different receiver for a mover. My, how this market has changed since the 80's when I got our first dish. Like I've said before - I'm an old analog guy trapped in a digital world!

I agree. Prices are MUCH cheaper now for what you get. My first C-band LNA in 1984 was $175~. That equates to $430.23 today. Now you can buy them for $20 or so.

CPI Inflation Calculator

Reactions: comfortably_numb
A Gbox/Vbox/ASC1 will work with your receiver to move the dish. You can't directly connect the receiver to the actuator.

A Gbox/Vbox/ASC1 will work with your receiver to move the dish. You can't directly connect the receiver to the actuator.
A Gbox or Vbox will not be able to change the polarity, they have no skew controls! They just move the dish!

I am assuming, TVHabit, that your dish still has an LNB and a skew motor! If so, you need the Titanium ASC 1 dish positioner and skew controller!

Vbox users have to use the (your) receiver with an LNBF that changes polarity by changing voltage from 18V to 13V.

If you need to adjust your skew setting, you have to go outside to your BUD, unbolt the actuator motor to drop it to the ground to even reach the feedhorn, and then you have to rotate that LNBF to change the skew!

O CRAP! After all this is done you have to put it back up to see if you rotated it the right way! And repeat!

I know somebody will say to just use a stepladder, and adjust the LNBF in place, but down in the south like we are, the BUD is pointed too high in the sky to be able to reach the feedhorn from a stepladder while looking at a southern satellite!

With the ASC 1, I am able to change the skew from my living room and save the best skew #s for each satellite!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)