Sun Spot Time 2012

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

billyboy_1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Southeast Missouri
Well it's kinda like the ground hog thing, I saw the shadow of my feed in the center of my dish today. That is a good thing cause it means warm weather is on the way. :)

Cool, Is that a portable dish you have? I have one mounted to a trailer that folds up.
That picture was taken in about 1984 at the Dayton Hamfest. I worked for a company called Antenna Development & Manufacturing (ADM) from 1980 until the mid 90's. That was a demo we took to show the other ham operators the latest in TVRO. systems. I still have the third one that was made in my back yard. Still working great.

I had one similar to that back in the mid eighties. It was perforated rolled steel, and I pulled it with my motor home as I traveled the country on the racing circuit. I had a Uniden C/Ku receiver and it was everything good about satellite reception that I could have ever wanted.

Darn, I wish I hadn't sold that.

Now, as to your statement that that was sun spots, wrong, that's approaching equinox, and if you really are interested in sun spots, I was reading this this morning from Huff Post. VERY interesting read, I thought someone would have posted more about it before now.

Photto

I had one similar to that back in the mid eighties. It was perforated rolled steel, and I pulled it with my motor home as I traveled the country on the racing circuit. I had a Uniden C/Ku receiver and it was everything good about satellite reception that I could have ever wanted.

Darn, I wish I hadn't sold that.

Now, as to your statement that that was sun spots, wrong, that's approaching equinox, and if you really are interested in sun spots, I was reading this this morning from Huff Post. VERY interesting read, I thought someone would have posted more about it before now.

Photto
LoL...yeah I know it's not a "sunspot" that's what we always called it in the industry. And yes it would be an equinox or when the sun aligns with the satellite and shines directly in the dish with all of it's noise and causes a disruption of service. If you read my post above you'll see that I work on satellite systems starting back in 1979-80. So I've seen many equinoxes or "sunspots" as we called it back in the day. The phones at our sales office would ring constantly during that two times of the year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)