Sun spots

laman400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
This morning around 7:30am when I turned on my 311 receiver for the first time, I received a flashing message stating that a problem was detected on my switch, and my receiver would not come on. I had no EPG, bo pic at all. Turning the receiver on and off did no good. Suddenly about 10 minutes later, the guide appeared, then I was able to run a check switch on my Quad Dish 500 switch, and it was fine (all green) for the 110 and 119 sats (I am located about 60 miles North of Little Rock, AR). Everything has been fine for the past 4 1/2 hours, and my other 3 receivers came on without any problems when I first tried them. Is this what is normal behavior when sun spots occur? I know we are in a period of very active sun spot activity, and signals will be lost over the next several days occassionally, but I am not aware of what to expect when a receiver is first turned on that was working fine when turned off several hours ago. Was this error message caused by sun spot activity? Thanks for any info, I was just curious.

In the interest of accuracy: the outages are caused by the sun being behind the satellites, period. There don't need to be sunspots, and in fact right now there are few if any.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)