Sunbeam Television Shuts Out DIRECTV NFL Fans in Miami in Attempt to Extract 300 Percent Pay Increas

Status
Please reply by conversation.
anyone able to get credits for the missing channel(s)? I would like to leverage something I would actually watch say a payment toward NBA League Pass or something similar (NFL Sunday Ticket). Wasn't sure if anyone has taken that route yet.

Baloney. I'll bet FOX pressured them to put it on in Miami. They sure don't want to give up ANY ratings in a big game in which they put up billions of dollars for rights to show. WSVN probably would've kept it off, after all, Sunbeam wouldn't keep the station, or the Boston stations on in good faith while they negotiated, so that in itself proved they didn't care about the viewer. Make no mistake WSVN is not being kind in showing the football game, it is FOX pulling the strings.

I live in NH and I am getting 392 NBC out of NY and 394 CW out of DC.
But today, Directv switched 394 from DC to WPIX 11 out of NY.
I wonder if this means that they know this will be a long drawn out fight or they may have thoughts of not carrying the Sunbeam channels.

I wonder if this means that they know this will be a long drawn out fight or they may have thoughts of not carrying the Sunbeam channels.

Thats good to know ... so D* opened up the network for everyone in the area, nice move for them, I wonder if Sunbeam thought about that, thus D* isn't effecting those locals quite as bad, thus taking away a ploy that Sunbeam may have been planning to use.

Last edited:
GordonR said:

Better it being PIX 11. That's a superstation and DirecTV has the right to offer it. I get it strictly for NY News, and hopefully select Mets games.

Luckily I got the ota up because with three minutes left in the game one of two sides pulled the plug on the game. WOW!!!!

REALLY ???

How sad ...

and you KNOW who pulled the plug ...
it's an a-hole move. It's not even ten yet. I would've understood it a little bit if it was ten pm. I hate this channel.

Agreed. Never heard of a station owner being such a-holes I thought LIN was bad, but c'mon! Don't these guys care about ratings too?

All they really care about is making the news as dramatic as possible. " URGENT URGENT!!!!!!!!! A CAT WAS FOUND STUCK IN A TREE!!!! More after this!" :rolleyes:

Well you get it :D

Thats good to know ... so D* opened up the network for everyone in the area, nice move for them, I wonder if Sunbeam thought about that, thus D* isn't effecting those locals quite as bad, thus taking away a ploy that Sunbeam may have been planning to use.
That's simply not true. I live in the Boston market and do not get WNBC, the CW east feed or WPIX. I was told I was not eligible for any distant stations by DirecTV's Csrs, even though I can't receive a grade B signal fFor the CW and live 70 miles from the Boston transmitters. I want to know why some people in this market are benefitting from this with out of market stations and others are not.

That's simply not true. I live in the Boston market and do not get WNBC, the CW east feed or WPIX. I was told I was not eligible for any distant stations by DirecTV's Csrs, even though I can't receive a grade B signal fFor the CW and live 70 miles from the Boston transmitters. I want to know why some people in this market are benefitting from this with out of market stations and others are not.

Did you happen to try that channel during the game, I would guess that it was for the game only.

Did you happen to try that channel during the game, I would guess that it was for the game only.
My FOX affiliate in Boston is not affected and got to see the entire football game Sunday night. But still no NBC or CW and it's been 11 days. The slide D* puts up on those channels state that these disruptions are usually for a short time. What to them is considered short? Pretty soon it will be two weeks and it's already starting to get old. I do have an antenna to get NBC out of another market, but only on one TV; the other TV is not hooked up and cannot get either network. Although I agree with D* in this one, I, along with many other subs are starting to feel like we're getting the shaft big time.

My FOX affiliate in Boston is not affected and got to see the entire football game Sunday night. But still no NBC or CW and it's been 11 days. The slide D* puts up on those channels state that these disruptions are usually for a short time. What to them is considered short? Pretty soon it will be two weeks and it's already starting to get old. I do have an antenna to get NBC out of another market, but only on one TV; the other TV is not hooked up and cannot get either network. Although I agree with D* in this one, I, along with many other subs are starting to feel like we're getting the shaft big time.

If you have an antenna, you don't need to get another market, you can pick up thier station fine, unless your going for the other market intentionally.

Some disputes are taken care of before the drop dead date ever comes (most actually) , some are down a short time, generally once a station goes down, things tend to pick up in pace of negotiations.

Then again, if they are stubborn and don't want to negotiate, it could be awhile, possibly a month or two, just never know.

With the super bowl coming up and the fact that the pats are in it, I think the dispute will end soon, even if it comes down to the 11th hour.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts